Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minumum Water Method, Rinseless

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    It`s about saving rinseless product, not water.
    OK. I typically have about 1/2 gallon of solution left over after a rinseless wash. Lately I have been using D114 and it`s a great product. The Recommended dilution ratio is 1 oz per 2 gallons of water. Mixing up one half gallon less of solution each time in order to avoid any waste would save .25 oz of rinseless product at that dilution ratio. D114 is currently $32 per gallon at AG, which works out to 25 cents per oz. The one quarter of an oz of rinseless product saved equals 6.25 cents per wash. Dont see a concern here, but admittedly that`s my own perspective.

Agree with wdmaccord on the nowhere fast angle.

Post Thanks / Like

I see the OP`s point.

I kind of do like Troy. What I do, is use distilled water (I buy the 1 gal bottles at grocery store). I pour a little out into the bucket I will use for the wash. I pour the RW solution into the WATER BOTTLE, and close it back up and do like Taylor Swift and "shake it off, shake it off." Next up, I place the number of towels I think I`ll use (and for my regulars, I know this number) into the bucket. Follow it up with the mixed solution, and like OP said, just enough to get my towels saturated, and a tiny bit more. Seeing a half gallon saved is a common for me, and I put it aside for future use.

Question for people: Has anyone tried rinseless wash using Di water? It seems I can get it for far cheaper at a local car wash supplies shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Question for people: Has anyone tried rinseless wash using Di water? It seems I can get it for far cheaper at a local car wash supplies shop.
    I`ve done that, using my CRS. Works fine, just as well as distilled as best I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    I always end up tossing any residual wash since I will use it to clean (or try to clean) wheels and wells.
    That`s what has me confused...why dump it? I use my rinselss for wells and undercarriages and and and too, but it never gets contaminated so why dump it? No, no, not being critical but rather confused!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ve done that, using my CRS. Works fine, just as well as distilled as best I can tell.

That`s what has me confused...why dump it? I use my rinselss for wells and undercarriages and and and too, but it never gets contaminated so why dump it? No, no, not being critical but rather confused!
    I put the mitt back into the solution so mine is nasty. In essence, I use closer to a two bucket method with rinseless.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I put the mitt back into the solution so mine is nasty. In essence, I use closer to a two bucket method with rinseless.
    Ah, OK, now I get it.

FWIW, I keep a plastic scoop in my rinselss bucket and use that to rewet the MFs that are being used for nasty-duty without contaminating the rest of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a plastic scoop in my rinselss bucket and use that to rewet the MFs that are being used for nasty-duty without contaminating the rest of it.
    Great idea! I sometimes look around to make sure no Autopians are watching and quickly re-dip my towel if I think it`s not dirty. Or, I drizzle some on with my hands. Good idea Accum, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Since we`re all in agreement that everyone should be doing it, I think I`ll call it the "Smack Water Method." Or, the " Minimalist Approach to Rinseless Washing." What do you guys think? Cheesy thumbs

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- Glad you found that helpful.

I`m kinda off the deep end about contaminating my buckets, getting disappointed if I find any dirt in my *rinse* buckets! Upside of my craziness is that the solutions in my rinseless and shampoo buckets will last me a good long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Great idea! I sometimes look around to make sure no Autopians are watching and quickly re-dip my towel if I think it`s not dirty. Or, I drizzle some on with my hands. Good idea Accum, thanks.
    Agreed. Great idea. I`ll be sure to use that in the near future. Thanks Accum

I`ve done that, using my CRS. Works fine, just as well as distilled as best I can tell...
    Thanks for the reply! Now I`ll save even more!!

WaxAddict- Glad you found that helpful.

I`m kinda off the deep end about contaminating my buckets, getting disappointed if I find any dirt in my *rinse* buckets! Upside of my craziness is that the solutions in my rinseless and shampoo buckets will last me a good long time.
    LOL - That gets to me: having to clean out my wash buckets after I`m done using them. My gf thinks I`m crazy. Glad I`m not the only one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Since we`re all in agreement that everyone should be doing it, I think I`ll call it the "Smack Water Method." Or, the " Minimalist Approach to Rinseless Washing." What do you guys think? Cheesy thumbs
    Smack Water Method, only cuz it sounds funny

Post Thanks / Like

OKay! It`s Unanimous! The "Smack Water Method" it is. TWO Cheasy Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    ..LOL - That gets to me: having to clean out my wash buckets after I`m done using them. My gf thinks I`m crazy. Glad I`m not the only one
    Well, dirt is bad news. Period.

My actual point though, is that if there *is* any dirt in my rinse buckets, I figure I messed up. Doesn`t happen often, they`re usually dirt-free. I use that as a gauge of how well my (admittedly extreme) wash worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information