Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the UDM I just got over the last two weeks and it will vibrate up a storm on setting 6. I was just looking at the pad spin and I noticed that the axis of the spindle is not exactly perpendicular to the horizontal. It is at least 10 degrees off. So that when I put an edge pad on the adapter it will have a high and a low spot if i placed the UDM exactly perpendicular to the car. Is this supposed to be that way or did I get a defective machine? Is there somewhere on this site that I can observe an UDM in action. I`ve seen the PC being used one handed while polishing and If I tried that with my UDM, it would fly away out of my hand from the the vibrations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both the vibration and the spindle issue don`t sound right. E-mail Lynn about your problems (remove the spaces):

Lynn @ ThePerfectShine.com

I use both the PC and UDM with one hand all the time and it isn`t unusual for me to be at speed 6, although at that speed I usually use both hands for safety.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be nice and parallel................
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m not an expert and do not know about the "perpendicular" or "parallel" issues you all are speaking of.

it`s not possible to use this 1 handed is it? i just gave myself a polish and wax this weekend and both my hands hurt like hell.

Post Thanks / Like
    The backing plate should be parallel with the metal housing. In other words, the backing plate should be equally distant from the bottom of the metal housing to the surface of the yellow backing plate, all the way around.

The vibrations are normal, but more so at higher speeds, especially above 5. It will take some time to get use to the vibrations. But if it is actually causing you harm, then maybe there is some other issues of concern.

One hand operations isnt out of the norm. Its a wonderful machine brand new, even better once you become a little acclimated to it.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used it for the 1st time polishing @ 5 with an orange pad... i found some 3M MG-PI3 and decided to give it a try. actually, got rid of some swirls. not bad for the first time in my entire life... i`m from so. cali. (los angeles) too. Hi patrick~!

Post Thanks / Like
    hehehe, hello.......Good luck, and show us some pics soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your responses. I bought the UDM from bob at danase. I will e-mail him and lynn here at perfect shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your replacement is on the way today! :wavey

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    I am confused. You say its on its way but I got a message to pay via paypal before the warranty replacement could continue. What figure should I pay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for clearing everything up Lynn. I look forward to receiving the UDM in a few days. You have been an exemplary customer service representative. I appreciate all you have done to facilitate my concerns with my UDM purchase. I would like to take this time to give you a hip, hip, hurrah for your efforts and to let everyone know that your company is well served by you and that I would not hesitate to purchase again from the perfect shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    It came in the mail yesterday and it works perfectly. Thank you very much Lynn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puttjay
    It came in the mail yesterday and it works perfectly. Thank you very much Lynn.

No problem, I am glad everything is working properly.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Thread Information