Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My brand new UDM will be arriving in the next few days, so I have not actually seen one before.

I have been buying LLC pads from ProperAutoCare and Autogeek so I`ll be ready when it gets here. The pads that I have are wrapped in plastic in pairs, and all I see is the foam pad, no backing, no velcro, no nothing, just foam. Does the bare foam pad connect directly to the 5" velcro plate, or did I forget to order something?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the pads Velcro directly onto the backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, I thought so, I`d hate to be ready for my first try, only to realize I was missing something, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re afraid to unwrap the pads to look at the velcro?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    You`re afraid to unwrap the pads to look at the velcro?

Setec,

Are you going for the "BallBuster" of the year award?. You have been cracking me up lately with these comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    Setec,

Are you going for the "BallBuster" of the year award?. You have been cracking me up lately with these comments.

I dunno, it just seems easier to me to unwrap the pads and see if they have velcro on them, than to post to an internet forum and wait for an answer. It would be different if he hadn`t bought the pads yet and didn`t understand if they had the velcro on them already, but it seems he has them in hand but packaged back-to-back so he can`t see the velcro.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, it just seems easier to me to unwrap the pads and see if they have velcro on them, than to post to an internet forum and wait for an answer. It would be different if he hadn`t bought the pads yet and didn`t understand if they had the velcro on them already, but it seems he has them in hand but packaged back-to-back so he can`t see the velcro.

That make sense.

You are a no nonsense kind of guy from NJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRODEY1
    My brand new UDM will be arriving in the next few days, so I have not actually seen one before.

I have been buying LLC pads from ProperAutoCare and Autogeek so I`ll be ready when it gets here. The pads that I have are wrapped in plastic in pairs, and all I see is the foam pad, no backing, no velcro, no nothing, just foam. Does the bare foam pad connect directly to the 5" velcro plate, or did I forget to order something?

Thanks!

once you attach the pad to the backing plate, spin it and make sure it`s centered as best as possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    once you attach the pad to the backing plate, spin it and make sure it`s centered as best as possible...

Now there`s the best post in this thread so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now there`s the best post in this thread so far!

Yep.. BigAl does that a lot. He comes out of nowhere and then makes the best post of the thread.

Setec The sarcasim is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.. BigAl does that a lot. He comes out of nowhere and then makes the best post of the thread.

Setec The sarcasim is fantastic.

Hey, that wasn`t sarcasm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I stand corrected.

The common sense truth by BigAl (about centering the pad) was pretty enlightening :-)

The timing of your message after his was priceless and :lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`ve gotten quite hammered on while I`ve been gone. I guess I deserve it.

What happened was, I had ordered the UDM while at work just a few hours before that original post. I had not intended on buying one until April, but I just could not hold out.

I had not looked at my pads since I bought them a while back, so while I was at work I had my wife go downstairs to look at the back of the green pads for me, she told me that there was absolutely nothing on the back of them. I thought that was strange, so I posted that question.

Turns out, she was looking at the oval, green "hand" polisher made by the same company, not the round ones with the vecro.

I just recieved the UDM today, along with more pads and Menzerna!! My wife and kids tried to be enthusiastic, I guess that really all I can hope for.

My wife jokingly said "Great, so now the van will be even shinier!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRODEY1
    Well, I`ve gotten quite hammered on while I`ve been gone. I guess I deserve it.

What happened was, I had ordered the UDM while at work just a few hours before that original post. I had not intended on buying one until April, but I just could not hold out.

I had not looked at my pads since I bought them a while back, so while I was at work I had my wife go downstairs to look at the back of the green pads for me, she told me that there was absolutely nothing on the back of them. I thought that was strange, so I posted that question.

Turns out, she was looking at the oval, green "hand" polisher made by the same company, not the round ones with the vecro.

I just recieved the UDM today, along with more pads and Menzerna!! My wife and kids tried to be enthusiastic, I guess that really all I can hope for.

My wife jokingly said "Great, so now the van will be even shinier!!"
    :grinno: No we were not picking on you. Setec is just a guy that says it like he sees it.

Post Thanks / Like
    :grinno: No we were not picking on you. Setec is just a guy that says it likes he sees it.

Nah...I`m just a d!ck! The poor guy wasn`t in touch with his pads, in the literal sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information