Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I reread your thread and I really don`t know what to say other than, let`s hope this felt pad helps a lot, and comes before anyone does break a finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phamkl
    I reread your thread and I really don`t know what to say other than, let`s hope this felt pad helps a lot, and comes before anyone does break a finger.
    I will not count on felt pad. I will be waiting for firmer solution. In the meantime I will be taking lesson learnt into account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, but hey you know you could just get a makita and be done with it, making the jump to rotary was the best decision I have made in detailing, and I much prefer the gloss a rotary produces (provided you are skilled enough not to leave buffer trails).

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree +1 100% The felt pad should be delivered to every owner by now! He got all the owners info. So he is neglagent (SP) in keeping the user safe. Every time I use it no matter how hard I tried there has been at least on accidental turn on....

Regards.......

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    I too feel comfortable continuing to use it once I learnt the lesson about backing plate. However, did I have to learn it? How many of us unplug PC when changing BP on it?

Yes, David is working on resolving the issue. However, what was done to prevent injuries while issue is being worked on? Were alerts sent out? They should have been sent out moment they became aware of the issue. He knows at least shipping address if not shipping address and e-mail address of every UDM buyer that purchased through ACC. As of now I did not receive any alerts about switch. If I was not regularly visiting here I would not have known about it. However, I did receive registration reminder e-mail and invitation to buy more products.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Agree +1 100% The felt pad should be delivered to every owner by now! He got all the owners info. So he is neglagent (SP) in keeping the user safe. Every time I use it no matter how hard I tried there has been at least on accidental turn on....

Regards.......
    I respect everyones opinion but don`t you think you are being a little harsh here? How many deaths occur over the life cycle of a model of car before they issue a recall. We are talking about a buffer here and some common sense should prevail.

If you are still accidentally turn it on regardless of how you feel about the machine or its maker you should adjust your behavior pattern with it. And IMO if you are this pissed off about it I am sure that they would take a return and refund your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    You think you have "mastered" or adjusted your behavior then your turn it upside down and the palm of your hand barely touches it and it is on. Slinging S--- everywhere. I am not PS about it. What I am concerned about is the way fixing the problem is being addressed. IT IS A FINE MACHINE, THE ULTIMATE DETAILER!! No doubt in my mind it is better than the PC. I would like to see a fix and be notified that this is a problem, thats my beef. I am for the safety of all that have bought the polisher. I don`t want to see someone lose their eye sight or break a finger (I don`t forsee someone dying). But thats just me thinking. JMHO........

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    I respect everyones opinion but don`t you think you are being a little harsh here? How many deaths occur over the life cycle of a model of car before they issue a recall. We are talking about a buffer here and some common sense should prevail.

If you are still accidentally turn it on regardless of how you feel about the machine or its maker you should adjust your behavior pattern with it. And IMO if you are this pissed off about it I am sure that they would take a return and refund your money.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    How many deaths occur over the life cycle of a model of car before they issue a recall. We are talking about a buffer here and some common sense should prevail.
    So? Please explain logic behind that. How some manufacturers being negligent becomes an a-OK to not issue alerts to every manufacturer? That is very flawed and dangerous reasoning IMHO. I did use common sense yet it was not good enough.

Whether we agree to disagree or not I still feel alerts by manufacturer should have went out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Common sense has prevailed for me. "We are talking about a buffer here" has nothing to do with it. No, no one has died, but one guy (I know him well) got Meg #80 in his eye and all over his clothes. It sung like he--. Try it some time. You have a product that has a bad switch addmitted by the owner. Why should I have to "adjust my behavior"? It is not my fault the switch sticks way out and says bump me. I am not using it improperly am I? So it a MANUFACTURE DESIGN PROBLEM ! A DESIGN FLAW. CAN`T PEOPLE GET THAT TO THEIR BRAIN? NOT A BEHAVIOR PROBLEM. IT DOESN`T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE THINGS OUT.

MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok we are just beating a dead horse here. Its obvious nothing anyone says is going to make you happy and if you want to talk to me about my statement or the UDM we can take it offline to AIM. Otherwise Im going to stop posting in this thread.

Have a nice weekend all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez . . . just return the buffer and wait for v2.0. I don`t think there`s anything right now that would satisfy you. The issues you`ve raised are being addressed by the manufacturer, and there`s a fix in the works. When I first mentioned that there were going to be upgrades made available to you, I figured I was giving you *good* news. Had I known the direction the thread was going to take, I would have just :geez

In general, I think it`s customary to only kill the messenger if they bring BAD news . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    It is nice to know a fix is in the works. But what about now? At where I work, we would never let anyone use the UDM. If someone got something in their eye and had to go to the doctor, it is a reportable OSHA offense. We have beat this thread to death but everyone is saying so what. God in the mean time please don`t let anyone get hurt.

Regards ZOOM-ZOOM...........................

Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    Geez . . . just return the buffer and wait for v2.0. I don`t think there`s anything right now that would satisfy you. The issues you`ve raised are being addressed by the manufacturer, and there`s a fix in the works. When I first mentioned that there were going to be upgrades made available to you, I figured I was giving you *good* news. Had I known the direction the thread was going to take, I would have just :geez

In general, I think it`s customary to only kill the messenger if they bring BAD news . . .

Tort
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    ... and there`s a fix in the works.
    Are current owners being notified in the meantime?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not me.......They have my email address, home address and phone number....That is what is so hard to understand.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Not me.......They have my email address, home address and phone number....That is what is so hard to understand.
    Neither am I. Which makes me think nobody is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nor I but hey, we`ve said our word. Now all that there is to do is to adjust our action around the machine. It`s not ideal, but let`s keep it calm at least. I`m sure if someone emails Perfect Shine, they`ll get back to us like they would any question.

I wouldn`t rely on the felt pad but I`ve only one problem with the power switch so I think it`d be enough for me. After the pad is `installed` I imagine it`d take more than a light brush to actuate the switch and that`s plenty for me. A change in design would definitely be more peace of mind though, for sure.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information