Thread: Sonus Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I am confused

For 2 years now, I have been detailing with klasse twins topped with p21s. At first I was usuing carnuba spritz for a wipe and shine, but and now all confused on what I should do. Info on the site says

Acrylic spritz - removes water spots and dust

Acrylic Glanz Sealent - Also removers water spots and dust but adds a layer of more shine

Carnuba Spritz - for removing water spots and dust of cars with a carnuba topper

Detailing Spritz - Is made to remover water spots and dust from both sealant and carnuba finishes

So my questions are, with my combination of products what should I use for a quick deatailer. Also with having p21s as a topper on my car, will the Acrylic Spritz and Glanz Sealant even do anything or should I just use carnuba spritz or Detailing Spritz? Is the Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz Sealant only for use when you have Klasse SG as your last coat ir will it would through the p21s but not hurt it. Basically what should I use on a daily basis. And if the Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz Spritz is only saposed to be used if Klasse SG is you last coat, should I stop using p21s or is the klasse not enough to protect. I was always under the impression that the carnuba wax as a topper is what really protects agains bird dropping ecchings and all that and the klasse gave it the wet deap look.

Thanks for your intereast in helping me get on to the right track

DAN
    03 Black Mustang GT

A few mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Having used all of those, if you are going to continue to top with the P21S (that "Perfect Shine" combo of Klasse with a `nuba topper is excellent), I would use the Carnauba Spritz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Klasse SG is what provides the protection and high gloss/shine but is sometimes criticized for lacking depth and having a "candy coating" type look.

On the other hand, it is the P21S which does not provide as good of protection from water spots or bird bombs and is not as durable - but which most feel provides a deeper and wetter shine than Klasse.

The idea of using P21S over Klasse is to have the best of both worlds - the durable protection of Klasse as a base coat sealant and the deep rich shine of P21S as a topper (which also provides another layer of protection over the Klasse).

If you are going to continue using the P21S as a topper, you should probably stick with the Sonus Carnuaba Spritz or some other Carnuaba based QD for use as an every day QD over P21S.

Or if you like the look of the Klasse twins by themselves - leave off the P21S and switch to Sonus Acrylic Spritz or any of the other multitude of acrylic based QDs out there.

I would avoid putting acrylic QDs over Carnuaba waxes though because it might cause problems with the looks and/or durability of the P21S.

Thread Information