Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also got alot of dusting with the SB Pad and Polish. I think David`s recommendation was to use one or two spritzes of the Sonus Acrylic Spritz to cut down on the dusting. I plan to retry the pad and polish with this.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cdodkin
    It does take a long time to work-out, especially when you prep the pad with a little speed detailer.

If you don`t work it out all the way, you will not get the result you`re after.

I think it`s just a case of getting used to the polish and the pad.

Chris.

Chris, you are absolutely correct. This polish will deliver "IF" you work it hard and work it all the way out.

1. Spritz the pad to get some moisture into it. Otherwise the pad will suck all the moisture out of the polish and you will get dusting.

2. Load up the polishing pocket. Let the polish do the work!

3. Crank up the PC. Full-speed ahead boys!

4. Lean into it! You need to compress the pad by 50 to 70%. As the pad gets warm it will compress more easily and the heat on the pad will do the work. Lean into it... get it heated up!

5. Polish until the polish runs completely clear, but DO NOT run the pad dry.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Chris, you are absolutely correct. This polish will deliver "IF" you work it hard and work it all the way out.

1. Spritz the pad to get some moisture into it. Otherwise the pad will suck all the moisture out of the polish and you will get dusting.

2. Load up the polishing pocket. Let the polish do the work!

3. Crank up the PC. Full-speed ahead boys!

4. Lean into it! You need to compress the pad by 50 to 70%. As the pad gets warm it will compress more easily and the heat on the pad will do the work. Lean into it... get it heated up!

5. Polish until the polish runs completely clear, but DO NOT run the pad dry.

db

What about using Klasse products after the SB Polish?

Can I use AIO - or should I go straight to the Glaze?

Don`t want to remove any of the fillers - so that`s why I`m asking before trying AIO!

Many thanks,

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Post Thanks / Like
    Go straight to KSG or Sonus Acrylic Glanz. I like Acrylic Glanz because it is so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Go straight to KSG or Sonus Acrylic Glanz. I like Acrylic Glanz because it is so much easier.

So avoid `traditional` waxing (like NXT) all together, and go from SB Polish to Sonus Acrylic Glanz for the final finish?

Sounds like an easier process, so if that`s correct I`m happy!

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Post Thanks / Like
    Been meaning to come back here and see how others have done with SwirlBuster. My results were not good on my Jet Black Bimmer.

I`m a huge fan of SFX-1 2 & 3...... so I figured SB would be as good or better. Not true for me.

I only did my hood and truck and I have major swirls....... not sure if I moved the pad too slowly... I had it turned up all the way. Almost afraid to try it again.

Sounds like a really fine line between..... working it good and not letting it run dry. What is the easiest way to tell when to pull it off? :nixweiss
    Thanks,

Spartacus_33

2005 BMW 545i (Jet Black/Black)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad I`m not the only one who feels it looks worse than when I started...I think I ran into the same issue when is it done and when is it dry

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked it in two or three slow, heavy pressure passes per panel at speed 5-6. Then, when I knew it was still not dry (there was barely any dusting at this point, if any) I knocked the speed down to 3-4 and did some medium speed, light pressure passes to help work the fillers in. This worked like an absolute charm for me. I cannot express how pleased I was with this polish and pad combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    so basically to the point to where it "almost" dusted then let up on it? I`ll give that a whirl on this junk hood I got and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    so basically to the point to where it "almost" dusted then let up on it? I`ll give that a whirl on this junk hood I got and see how it goes.

Yep. The idea is to let up on it while it`s still somewhat wet. You don`t want to be buffing dried out polish into the paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information