Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David. I that light, I wonder if it`s worth making an SFX-3 version of Swirlbuster. Though, as the idea is to eliminate visible swirls, I can see how the current version is more useful. I also hope that red dot 49 bonds right over Swirlbuster when it comes out. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTRW
    Thanks David. I that light, I wonder if it`s worth making an SFX-3 version of Swirlbuster. Though, as the idea is to eliminate visible swirls, I can see how the current version is more useful. I also hope that red dot 49 bonds right over Swirlbuster when it comes out. :xyxthumbs

Justin,

I am working on two new pads and polishes:

ScratchBuster (SFX-1 technology plus SwirlBuster acrylic resin and fillers)

Clear Coat Polish (SFX-3 technology plus SwirlBuster acrylic resin)

The polishes are done. The pads are still under development.

Yes, the RDF49 does bond to the SwirlBuster finish. This is exactly what I have on the Cayenne now.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know how often one could use this on their paint? On the autopia-carcare website it says this polish does not diminish clearcoat, and then people are saying this is a true polish that removes swirls, and removing swirls means removing clear coat, however on the website, again it says it rounds over the swirls to diminish them. It sounds like a promising product, I just dont know where it would fall in my arsenal and when I would use it?? Once I find out how often I can use it safely and whether or not it truly cuts my clearcoat...then I will be sold :2thumbs:

Has anyone ever used the swirlbuster pad with any other polsihes/compounds...if so how did it work out? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    newbe here i have swirlbuster and the bottle says to use at 1000-1200 rpm...in reading the posts here it seems you guys are useing 5.5-6 speed on your pc ...should i use the higher rpm...?????thanks
    1998 corvette light carmine red metallic...no mods yet but lots of zaino for now........................ :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoopers
    newbe here i have swirlbuster and the bottle says to use at 1000-1200 rpm...in reading the posts here it seems you guys are useing 5.5-6 speed on your pc ...should i use the higher rpm...?????thanks

RPMs is specific to a rotary buffer. If OPM were a standard across all DA machines, it would be possible to use this rating, but it`s not.

On a Porter Cable DA, set the dial at 5 - 5.5.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks i will
    1998 corvette light carmine red metallic...no mods yet but lots of zaino for now........................ :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Sounds great! Could you give us a little information on how severe the swirls were, or what you would compare it to with something we may already have in our arsenal with cutting action? Optimum Compound/Optimum Polish/FPII?? Thanks for the help!!

The swirls were not severe by any means, but they were certainly obvious, and there were some deeper scratches that I could not even get out with Scratch-X. This tells me that, chances are, these isolated scratches are filled in, but that`s fine with me. I`d rather maintain the integrity of my clearcoat rather than polish every last scratch out. The swirls were your common washing induced swirls/spiderwebbing from a few careless washings I had while in college. It`s hard for me to gauge the SB polish against others, as I`m not sure how much of the final outcome resulted from the cut of the polish, the fillers in the polish, the effectiveness of the pad, or a combination of all three.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear David,

Would you, could you possibly make these pads in 4" for those of us who use the cyclo or for people with the PC that want to spot polish small areas?

Love,

Your dearest member

Corey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bit Spank
    Dear David,

Would you, could you possibly make these pads in 4" for those of us who use the cyclo or for people with the PC that want to spot polish small areas?

Love,

Your dearest member

Corey

Corey,

Working on it. It`s called the ScratchBuster. I don`t have an ETA, but it will be before the end of the year.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

You mention misting the pad when applying more polish. Are you saying we need to mist the pad before each panel? Can the SBP be used with pads other than the SB pad? LIke if 1 pass only got 85% of the swirls out, should we use the SB pad again or is it OK to swithc to a polishing or finishing pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    David,

You mention misting the pad when applying more polish. Are you saying we need to mist the pad before each panel? Can the SBP be used with pads other than the SB pad? LIke if 1 pass only got 85% of the swirls out, should we use the SB pad again or is it OK to swithc to a polishing or finishing pad?

The Sonus SFX and SwirlBuster polishes have very little solvent. As a result, they can dry out quickly in warm weather and low humidity conditions. Plus, the thickness of the SwirlBuster pad tends to suck more of the moisture out of the polish than normal.

So... this is why I recomment keeping the pad slightly damp with a spray. It can even be a light mist of water.

SwirlBuster polish works fine with a standard polishing pad. For example, it matches well with the Sonus SFX-2 Foam Pad. If you use anything less agressive, like the Sonus SFX-3 pad, the polish will not break down and polish out correctly.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question for you guys...Honda`s we all know they have soft to super soft paint...Some if not most inperfections can be corrected with a polishing pad and something not to aggressive..I`m wondering if the orange pad of the swirlbuster will cause me more problems on already decent paint I might could fix with ssr2 and a white pad...Should I use the swirlbuster pad only as needed and then use the swirlbuster polish on say a white pad inbetween like semi annual serious polishing..And that being said what sealants are useable that don`t contain abrasives or cleaners that would remove the swb polish?

I`m pretty sure most Honda autopians are using something with fillers as its just to hard and not clear coat friendly to polish on them all the time and keep them swirl free. I guess what I`m getting at is should I use the least aggressive pad color combination I need right now and keep my swirlbuster pad for a rainy day or another vehicle, and use the polish during waxing to slowly fix/cover the swirls that will be introduced from washings and what not associated with soft paints.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information