Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    swirlbuster & rmg worked wonders on my partners truck, very very impressed with this pad. for a while i left it in the garage w/out regular use, guess i didnt know how to use it as well as i do now as i dont leave home w/out it!!! oh yeah i guess i need to order another one.

anyone ever use this pad via rotary, or is its sole purpose dual action?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    anyone ever use this pad via rotary, or is its sole purpose dual action?

Works great with a rotary. I have used it at speeds up to 1800 RPM with fantasic results. Keep it moist and the finish will polish out perfectly clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    I wonder if SFX-3 has any filler in it? :think: Since I use sealants, I hope not.

Deanski,

The SFX polish line does not contain fillers or silicones. They are pure polish.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Thanks for the response DavidB...now, when you mention "When you put alot of energy into it," what speed are you assuming my PC would be at, and how much force are you applying to the PC?

To remove swirls I run the PC at 5 - 5.5 and compress the pad 50% to 70%.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the heads up david, gonna use it via rotary today, the backing plate i already have on my makita is perfect size for my sb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    I discovered that keeping the pad damp (not wet) with Sonus Acrylic Spritz prevents the white powder nearly 100%.

I did the Cayenne last week with SBP, spraying 1-2 shots of Acrylic Spritz on the pad before adding more polish, and my finish came out beautiful with literally no cleanup work required.

Thanks for the heads up David - I`ll give it a try

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Deanski,

The SFX polish line does not contain fillers or silicones. They are pure polish.

db

Thank you sir! And thanks for the info for use with rotary as well seeing that`s what I use mostly. I have a few backing plates for smaller pads and may want to try this new pad as well.

Glad to hear that SFX-3 is just a pure polish.

Any chance of the products coming in gallon containers?

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta agree.... the SwirlBuster polish/pad combo is the real deal. I have tried Menzerna, Poorboys, Optimum, Meguiar`s, ZPC, et al on stubborn horizontal panels on my GTO. I tried out the SB combo this evening and within just one pass, at speed 6, with heavy pressure, the swirls are reduced by 95%. Amazing. How much of that reduction can be credited to cutting action vs. filling action I do not know, nor do I really care. All I know is the swirls are gone, the protection is on, and I`m looking forward to polishing out my whole car with this system soon.

Having said that, I am not saying Menzerna and the other polishes I listed are not effective polishes. They have worked well for me on other vehicles. However, on my GTO, with my skill level (pretty low) and patience (very low) this is the best combo I have found thus far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you use the SB polish in direct sunlight on a hot panel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDon
    Can you use the SB polish in direct sunlight on a hot panel?

I don`t recommend it. It is a water-based polish, so it would dry out very fast. It would not smear or streak, but it would make a lot of dust and you`d end up using twice as much polish as normal.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thanks, thought so but always best to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update. I put my car to the ultimate test tonight to check the performance of the Swirlbuster combo. Gas station halogens. Folks, I have found my new favorite polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Compared to SFX-3, does SFX-2 not finish as well? Does it leave any micro-marring on soft black finishes?

The reason I ask: if you were to remove the fillers on the paint after using Swirlbuster (or if they wore off), would you want to use SFX-3 for a better finish?

I only have SFX-3 and have not used SFX-2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTRW
    Compared to SFX-3, does SFX-2 not finish as well? Does it leave any micro-marring on soft black finishes?

The reason I ask: if you were to remove the fillers on the paint after using Swirlbuster (or if they wore off), would want to use SFX-3 for a better finish?

I only have SFX-3 and have not used SFX-2.

Justin,

Think of your car`s paint as being like a jewel. Several grades of polish may be necessary to remove imperfection and restore perfect clarity. The SFX polishes were designed with this idea in mind.

True, the very high quality deminishing abrasives we use in the SFX polishes start out cutting fast, then break down into a finer polish, but the initial abrasive cut is what defines the level of defect that can be removed, and ultimately the level of perfection.

The micro size of SFX-1 abrasive is twice the size of SFX-2, which is twice the size of SFX-3. Although the abrasive in SFX-1 ultimately breaks down to be the same size as SFX-3, this does not mean you can expect one polish to perfect your paint. The reduction of abrasive size is what allows the polish to buff out clear.

SFX-3 is designed to achieve final perfection in paint clarity and keep it there. The abrasives are very small, but they are also very hard and sharp. Used properly, they cut at less than a 1-micron level. Most pads put scratches in paint greater than 1-micron. That`s why we created the very dense, but tight cell structure, SFX-3 pad.

Anyone who has tried the SFX-3 polish and pad combo, and used it as recommended, will agree how effectively it brings up an incredible gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    Update. I put my car to the ultimate test tonight to check the performance of the Swirlbuster combo. Gas station halogens. Folks, I have found my new favorite polish.

Sounds great! Could you give us a little information on how severe the swirls were, or what you would compare it to with something we may already have in our arsenal with cutting action? Optimum Compound/Optimum Polish/FPII?? Thanks for the help!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information