Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Chris,

I`m going to have to break out a bottle of NXT and see if I can duplicate the same results applying it after SBP. How long did you wait to apply NXT after using SBP?

db

Only 10 mins - I moved straight on to the NXT application with the PC on 3.5, and the blue pad.

I probably used too much NXT - although I`ve really cut back since using it with the PC.

Agree with Justin, you only need the thinnest of layers.

Just odd how I got spots where it stuck....

Maybe I did overload the MF bonnet - any tips - or do I just need to keep swapping it out when it gets loaded with wax?

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad news... we`re out of SwirlBuster pads. We blew through the first 2,500 pretty darn fast! The next shipment will be in the last week of June. Sorry for the delay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang it, I really wish all these great new products would stop popping up. I need to buy another car so I have something to use all my stuff on

Post Thanks / Like
    can you follow up the swirlbuster polish with zaino or jeff`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    YES! It is fully compatible with all sealants and waxes. Any product with abrasives or cleaners will remove the SwirlBuster fillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, but we cannot use prime or zfx? since those would remove the swirlbuster, right?

YES! It is fully compatible with all sealants and waxes. Any product with abrasives or cleaners will remove the SwirlBuster fillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cdodkin
    You`re welcome!

Any idea on the `spotting` when removing the NXT?

Almost looked like little rain drop sized spots of wax that `appeared` during buffing.

Buffed out in the end - but I`ve not seen that before......

Ahh...let me take a guess...detailing clients cars when they want just a wash and wax, it seems that the effect that you desribed above consistently occurs. Why? Because the surface was NOT claybarred. You never mentioned if you claybarred your paint, so this could be the suspect. If you did claybar, my theory is wrong. Tell me if I`m right?
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure you can use those products! Don`t discount SBP as just a coverup. It`s not. It is a very good swirl remover polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Ahh...let me take a guess...detailing clients cars when they want just a wash and wax, it seems that the effect that you desribed above consistently occurs. Why? Because the surface was NOT claybarred. You never mentioned if you claybarred your paint, so this could be the suspect. If you did claybar, my theory is wrong. Tell me if I`m right?

Nope - did a full clay before I started...

I`ve done some tests, and it looks like I didn`t leave the NXT for long enough before buffing it off.

I was too eager to see the SB finish!

Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    So - after a 2nd application of the SB polish and then NXT, I see no scratches, even under the fluro in my garage! :spot

Here`s the standard outside shot of after the 2nd application:

And here`s a shot of the reflection of my fluro tube in the garage:

Now even when it looked great outdoors after the first SB polish, I could see a few scratches under the fluro tube - now I see none! :2thumbs:

I`m battling a little with the white powder it leaves - need to pay more attention to the edges and gaps between panels etc - white powder on a black car looks bad.

I did an extra detail with speed detailer to mop up the powder, and that worked a treat - I just need to be more thorough!

And for the record, the first application of SB had gone through a few wash cycles without any of the old scratches coming back - so it`s all good so far!

Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    I discovered that keeping the pad damp (not wet) with Sonus Acrylic Spritz prevents the white powder nearly 100%.

I did the Cayenne last week with SBP, spraying 1-2 shots of Acrylic Spritz on the pad before adding more polish, and my finish came out beautiful with literally no cleanup work required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cdodkin, good to hear your success!

But, maybe DavidB can answer these questions:

It seems that Swirl buster polish is more of a "swirl filler" than a true polish, am I not correct?

Which color of Sonus DAS pad is the Swirl buster pad closest to in terms of aggresiveness?

These questions come from my curiousity and to fill-in the gaps in my detailing arsenal.

Thanks!
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Cdodkin, good to hear your success!

But, maybe DavidB can answer these questions:

It seems that Swirl buster polish is more of a "swirl filler" than a true polish, am I not correct?

Which color of Sonus DAS pad is the Swirl buster pad closest to in terms of aggresiveness?

These questions come from my curiousity and to fill-in the gaps in my detailing arsenal.

Thanks!

Hi Xfire,

SwirlBuster Polish is indeed a true polish. It is based on Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Polish, which has a great reputation as a swirl remover that does not contain silicones, oils or other fillers. What you see is what you get with SFX-2.

With SBP, we simply added two new ingriedients that offer filling and sealaing capabilities. You can use SBP with our without an LSP. I use it with Acrylic Glanz only and love it.

The SwirlBuster Foam Pad uses the same SWISSTEX foam as our DAS Orange pad. The pad is nearly 2" thick, which allows a lot of pressure to be applied. The diameter is 6.5".

This is an amazing pad. When you put a lot of energy into it, it cuts like a fine-medium cutting pad. When you run it at high speed with light pressure, it acts like a polishing pad. That`s why it works so well on swirls.

db

Post Thanks / Like

This is an amazing pad. When you put a lot of energy into it, it cuts like a fine-medium cutting pad. When you run it at high speed with light pressure, it acts like a polishing pad. That`s why it works so well on swirls.

Thanks for the response DavidB...now, when you mention "When you put alot of energy into it," what speed are you assuming my PC would be at, and how much force are you applying to the PC?
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    CDODKIN:

NICE PICS OF THE PORSCHE!! Porsche black can be a pain, but it`s the best looking black.

Since delivery of my new 06 997 C2S also in black, I have a minor amount of swirls and marring. I`ve got my Sonus SFX-3 polish for all final workout.

Looks as if the Swirlbuster system worked very well for your black!

I wonder if SFX-3 has any filler in it? :think: Since I use sealants, I hope not.

I may have to look into this new pad and polish and see how well it will work with a rotary.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information