Post Thanks / Like
    any tips on how to get leather conditioner off of an instrument panel? It accidently splattered onto it, and now there are spots that I cant clean off of it. I tried windex, and plain old water, its not working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did the conditioner dry on the panel?

I have a large GPS panel on my SUV and have also splattered conditioner on it but it cleans off the glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, it dried, in the hot AZ sun! I did try some glass cleaner, but didnt work. My hubby said I will probably need to replace the plastic, I noticed I got it on the back window as well. I should have been more careful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Put Dawn on a wet sponge (squeeze out the excess water first) and wipe down. It should come off quite easily, and of course you`ll need to use a clean wet sponge to remove the soap. Follow up with your window cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmart
    Put Dawn on a wet sponge (squeeze out the excess water first) and wipe down. It should come off quite easily, and of course you`ll need to use a clean wet sponge to remove the soap. Follow up with your window cleaner.

If the glass cleaner did not remove it, there`s a good chance Dawn won`t touch it either, but it is worth a try.

If Dawn won`t remove it, my next suggestion is Plexus. I don`t think you`ll have to replace the plastic, but if Plexus does not work the, next remedy is Meguiar`s PlastX (or another plastic polish), which will make the lens sightly glossy.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    hi, thanks for all the advice. Where do I get these products? I will try anything at this point too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn - at your local grocery store, target, etc... he he

The other stuff can be found at http://autopia-carcare.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    You should also be able to find Meguiar`s PlastX at Advance Auto.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meg-g-12310.html

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info. While Im at it, I might as well ask. On my daughters 1995 Dodge Stealth, it has a "haze" on her windshield, I have no idea what it is. It causes a glare if the sun hits it just right. And, of course with my luck, I cant get it clean. Ever heard of that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grinchydizz
    thanks for the info. While Im at it, I might as well ask. On my daughters 1995 Dodge Stealth, it has a "haze" on her windshield, I have no idea what it is. It causes a glare if the sun hits it just right. And, of course with my luck, I cant get it clean. Ever heard of that?

Have you tried a glass polish yet? If the glass is damaged the polish will not repair the damage, but it will remove stains and grunge.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have an orbital, then polish the glass using an orange pad and something like Sonus or Griots Glass Polish. NOTE: Make sure there is no protective film out the outside of your glass before you do this (there should be a label on the glass or you can ask a local glass shop).

I have only seen hazes on the outside from chemicals like RainX, or something spilled on the road (like oil). Usually hazes are on the inside, so make sure you clean well on the inside with something like Invisible Glass first. I spent a few hours trying to get a mark off my exterior glass one time, only to discover the mark was on the inside and it wiped off easily!!!! DOH!!!!!

Thread Information