Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    It`s an excellent choice! You will find that it goes on and comes off much easier after using SBP.

Great - so should I do the three rounds of SBP first, before I apply the NXT? (for maximum effect)

Also - with the SB pad I already have - what speed on the PC will work best with the new SBP?

Many thanks,

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion is do it once and see how it looks. Be sure to apply the polish with a good amount of pressure on the pad. Run the PC at 5.5.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologise if I missed it, but, what is the bottle`s size (ml/oz)?

Also, wouldn`t NXT`s cleaners remove some/all of the SBP`s fillers?

Oh, one more thing. Is the defect removal the same as the SFX2 polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I apologise if I missed it, but, what is the bottle`s size (ml/oz)?

Also, wouldn`t NXT`s cleaners remove some/all of the SBP`s fillers?

Oh, one more thing. Is the defect removal the same as the SFX2 polish?

It is a 16 oz. bottle.

Yes, NXT`s cleaners probably do remove so of the fillers, but I did not notice any degrading of finish appearance after applying NXT.

SBP is based on the SFX-2 polish formula. However, the polish strength is reduced by 17% by the acrylic additives. The result is a polish that polishes longer (much longer) without drying out on the pad. The acrylic turned out to be a great lubricant.

Post Thanks / Like
    DB,

Is there a curing time for the acrylic fillers? That is, is it beneficial to wait a day before applying a sealant or wax, giving the fillers time to bond to the paint?

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    DavidB

im not sure if this has been ask....

But what do you compare your new polish to?, for example im familuar with poorboys ssr line 1,2,2.5,3 or menzerna line pg,ip,fp or meguiars 80, 83, etc..

now please correct me what r the benefits to this polish then others?

is this a multi step in one bottle? i sometime find multi steps in one bottle dont have the cut as individual bottles(three step)

Is your polish more a small to mild cut level or or is aggresive or depending on pad?

im tring to determine where this will fit in my arsenal of products?please add anything if i missed a topic....

tia David
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    DB,

Is there a curing time for the acrylic fillers? That is, is it beneficial to wait a day before applying a sealant or wax, giving the fillers time to bond to the paint?

Tort

Scott,

Good question. Let me try to be as clear as possible.

SBP was created by accident. I was testing pad designs (prototypes for the SB pad) and accidentally mixed two products on the pad. The product I put on the pad first was a new spray sealant one of my chemists sent me... I followed with SFX-2. The result was amazing, but when I switched to a fresh pad I could not duplicate the result. I was baffled until I realized what I had done.

As you may know, over the years a number of acrylic resin products have come and gone. The reason they are not popular is because they are a MF to wipe off in their pure form. That`s why most acrylic resin products are cleaner/waxes, like AIO. Plus, until about 10 years ago, chemists had not resolved the yellowing problem of acrylic resins caused by UVA. That problem is now gone.

Anyway, I started playing with acrylic resins in the SFX polishes. At first I could not keep a resin emulsion suspended. When we changed the SFX polish formula, that all changed. The new SFX polishes are water-based, with less than 10% solvent content. The acrylic resin we use is also a water-based product. Mixing problem solved.

The next problem that cam up was a tacky surface after polishing. We determined that the resin was not curing. The normal catalyst for the resin is air, but something in our mix was preventing air from getting to the resin molecule. We added a second ingredient that is our "secret sauce". I won`t even mention what kind of chemical is it. What it does is cause the acrylic to rapidly cure with friction.

Need to continue this later... small problem in the warehouse.... db

Post Thanks / Like
    Great answers and info, David! Thanks

Looking forward to Part 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

Need to continue this later... small problem in the warehouse.... db

We need the rest of the process! :grinno: The part where you tell us if we have to wait before we apply sealant/wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should I avoid using Swirlbuster polish while I`m waiting for a fresh repaint to outgas? I`m about 2.5 months out, still trying to hold off on wax and such.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by velobard
    Should I avoid using Swirlbuster polish while I`m waiting for a fresh repaint to outgas? I`m about 2.5 months out, still trying to hold off on wax and such.
    velobard,

Since SB contains acrylic resins that will act as a sealant, yeah, you should probably wait until you`re satisfied that your new paint is cured before using it.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    It cures very fast if applied by machine. If using the SBFP, apply at 5.5 with a PC using enough pressure to compress the pad at least 25% but not more than 50%. It is very important that the polish be "worked". The paint surface should get warm, but not excessively hot. Using a rotary, run the pad at 750-1200 RPM and compress by 20-30%. Work the polish until it runs clear, but do not run it dry. The residue is very easy to wipe off. If you want SBP to be your LSP, allow it to dry to a film.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by velobard

Off gassing is done in 30 days... you are more than safe to wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    After 1 pass with Optimum Compound, I can already say that I love the Swirlbuster pad!

Post Thanks / Like
    How much of the SBP should we be putting on the swirlbusterpad/pockets before we go at a panel? First time using it

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information