Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    The SwirlBuster polish is not meant to be an LSP, even though the durability (I feel) is pretty good. It is designed to be a basecoat product that removes fine swirl marks, fills and seals.

It will work with in conjunction with any wax or sealant that has a low solvent level and no cleaners.

db

So if I understand correctly, swirlbuster will remain in fine marring as long as it is sealed in. When I say remain in fine marring I don`t mean indefinitely, but I would hope it is months and not just a handful of weeks.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like another Must have product!!!!!

Trouble is I have about 30 years supply of polish already, If I keep buying these new wonder products I wont live long enough to use it all!!!
    2 Classic Minis, Rover 200vi, Mazda mx5, Ford Mondeo Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    So if I understand correctly, swirlbuster will remain in fine marring as long as it is sealed in. When I say remain in fine marring I don`t mean indefinitely, but I would hope it is months and not just a handful of weeks.

The acrylic polymer resin I`m using is durable all by itself. It will seal the paint and remain filling the low areas by itself for more than just a few washes. You can keep it sealed in longer by applying another pure sealant as a top coat. You can keep it refreshed with Sonus Acrylic Glanz, which is what I`m going.

Post Thanks / Like
    so any final date on when it will be available? any word on sample bottles w/ the purchase of a SB pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    The acrylic polymer resin I`m using is durable all by itself. It will seal the paint and remain filling the low areas by itself for more than just a few washes. You can keep it sealed in longer by applying another pure sealant as a top coat. You can keep it refreshed with Sonus Acrylic Glanz, which is what I`m going.

I want I want I want!!! This plus collinite sounds perfect now that im too busy struggling through my last semester of college.
    2004 Black Dodge SRT4

RIP 1999 Black Dakota R/T- AKA "broken" the drag project truck that made it till the end, until the end....................

Post Thanks / Like
    so aio first to avoid removing it then the polish( opposite of regular routine)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dashotgun

I dont think you would need to do anything before using this. AIO first would kinda be a waste of time since this polish would be more abrasive then aio. The way I see it is use this then seal it in with something like collinite, 16, or whatever your cleaner/polish free lsp of choice is.
    2004 Black Dodge SRT4

RIP 1999 Black Dakota R/T- AKA "broken" the drag project truck that made it till the end, until the end....................

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dashotgun

Using AIO after SwirlBuster Clearcoat Polish (SCP) will remove the acrylic resin put down SCP and replace it with the acrylic sealant in the AIO.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes that is why I suggested aio first for its chemical cleaning then the polish. then presumably sg and a lsp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DavidB,

SwirlBuster polish will polish out swirls and at the same time fill the remaining blemishes with the acrylic contained in the formulation. It sounds like this product/process will produce a very smooth surface but will it hide (visually) the remaining acrylic-filled blemishes?

How does this process differ from just applying a produce like SG (after polishing) which we can assumed has a higher concentration of acrylic substrate, and filling the same blemishes upon application or applying AIO which the Swirlbuster sounds quite similiar.

I am quite confused about how the SwirlBuster actually changes the endpoint (visually) achieved by using sometime like AIO or SG after a good abrasive polishing.

One assumption I think I can make is that the abrasives in SwirlBuster will have more polishing ability (in conjunction with the new pad) than the very mild abrasives in AIO. :nixweiss

Please tell me that there is a "visual" hiding of blemishes by SwirlBuster.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Hi DavidB,

SwirlBuster polish will polish out swirls and at the same time fill the remaining blemishes with the acrylic contained in the formulation. It sounds like this product/process will produce a very smooth surface but will it hide (visually) the remaining acrylic-filled blemishes?

How does this process differ from just applying a produce like SG (after polishing) which we can assumed has a higher concentration of acrylic substrate, and filling the same blemishes upon application or applying AIO which the Swirlbuster sounds quite similiar.

I am quite confused about how the SwirlBuster actually changes the endpoint (visually) achieved by using sometime like AIO or SG after a good abrasive polishing.

One assumption I think I can make is that the abrasives in SwirlBuster will have more polishing ability (in conjunction with the new pad) than the very mild abrasives in AIO. :nixweiss

Please tell me that there is a "visual" hiding of blemishes by SwirlBuster.

TIA

The SwirlBuster SwirlBuster Clearcoat Polish hides minor blemishes as well as any other LSP product I have tried. It also darkens the appearance of the paint and it improves slickness.

Because the Acrylic polymer resin I`m using is the same as the resin used in Klasse SG, the two products are 100% compatible. And, because SwirlBuster is a catylized system, you can apply a layer of SG immediately and see the benefit.

SwirlBuster Clearcoat Polish (SCP) does not contan chemical cleaners like AIO. If you paint is clean and simply needs swirl removal maintenance, you would use SCP instead of AIO.

How does SCP work? Heck if I know... it was an accident in my garage! I know what the maker of the chemicals say they do and that`s close to how they respond when mixed.

I asked my local chemical supplier to keep me informed of new innovations in acrylics, and he brought by a new friction/heat activated catalyst. I put an excess amount in my MixMaster blending bowl and it hardened in the bottom of mixer with solvents floating around the outside edge. I backed off from there until I had a polish that worked.

We are scaling up in mixture to 30 and 60 gallon batches but having are having problems due to the complexity of mixing the chemicals. This is causing the delay.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet the polish would work great with a nano-tech acrylic sealant like Acrylic Jett/Carlack 68 or Klasse SG.

Does the polish have a more sealant or carnauba look on dark colors?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I bet the polish would work great with a nano-tech acrylic sealant like Acrylic Jett/Carlack 68 or Klasse SG.

Does the polish have a more sealant or carnauba look on dark colors?

Hmmm... I must be out of the loop on this stuff!

When did acrylic resin become a "nano" technology?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that referred to the abrasive size in the new Carlack 68. Or did I miss the sarcasm/joke about the EO chat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... I must be out of the loop on this stuff!

When did acrylic resin become a "nano" technology?

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/prodde...p?prod=JP-0500

The formula builds on the exceptional protective qualities of the Polyethylene-Acryl + Nano coating that Car-Lack pioneered...

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/prodde...?prod=JAJ-0500

Based on a similar fundamental polyethylene-acrylic molecular compound as JEFFS Prime, Acrylic Jett extends the durability of the protective coat and builds an ever smoother, more uniformly reflective finish.

My understanding is Werkstatt/Carlack 68 incorporate nano-technology in their acrylic based formulas.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information