Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what is needed is someone who is independent...maybe British....maybe living in the North of England.....maybe someone who has been around Autopia for a while.....maybe an Alfa Romeo owner.........to try this out free er I mean fully evaluate without any cost considerations.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson
    I think what is needed is someone who is independent...maybe British....maybe living in the North of England.....maybe someone who has been around Autopia for a while.....maybe an Alfa Romeo owner.........to try this out free er I mean fully evaluate without any cost considerations.....

Hmmm... any recommendations? :funnypost

Post Thanks / Like
    This polish sounds like a great product, I am leaning more towards glazing now on my vehicle to fill in minor swirls. If I applied this polish via finishing pad would I be able to fill the swirls without the cut? I dont want to really remove more clearcoat, or would I be better off looking at another one of your products. No matter what you can count on me buying a couple bottles for my customers :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    This polish sounds like a great product, I am leaning more towards glazing now on my vehicle to fill in minor swirls. If I applied this polish via finishing pad would I be able to fill the swirls without the cut? I dont want to really remove more clearcoat, or would I be better off looking at another one of your products. No matter what you can count on me buying a couple bottles for my customers :grinno:

The "cut" of this polish is relatively low compared to other SwirlRemover polishes I have tried. Plus, the addition of the SONACRYL acrylic resin increased the lubrication, which has completely done away with two problems I discovered with most other polished when used with the DA:

1. Holograms

2. "Micro-skip gouges" (caused by the sudden change in direction of the DA pad when combined with hard, low cost abrasives)

Polishes that don`t cause these problems tend to gum-up the pad or leave gum spots on the surface that are difficult to buff off.

We worked for a long time to get the right abrasives and lubrication for the SFX polishes. The additional lubrication and filling provided by SONACRYL makes the final result even better.

The combinatio of the pad and polish "round off" hard edges of swirl marks and other defects to minimize their appearance and eventually remove them all together.

The glazing process requires that heat be generated. Heat activates the catalyst additive and allows the SONACRYL acrylic resin molecules to bond in the low spots. The Swisstex foam under enough load (DA) or speed (rotary) generates enough heat for the activation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

The glazing process requires that heat be generated. Heat activates the catalyst additive and allows the SONACRYL acrylic resin molecules to bond in the low spots. The Swisstex foam under enough load (DA) or speed (rotary) generates enough heat for the activation.

How significant will the ambient temperature be to getting good results? Have you tested the polish in cool or cold weather?
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ambient temperature is not a big factor... you need contact "burnishing" heat.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    will it fill waterspot/acid rain etching?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    will it fill waterspot/acid rain etching?

No. I don`t know of any paint coating product that can. To big of a area. However, the SB pad and polish does a very good job of removing these defects if they are not too severe.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to try Optimum Hyper Compound and Zpc- Do you think OHC is too aggressive to use with a cutting pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I`m going to try Optimum Hyper Compound and Zpc- Do you think OHC is too aggressive to use with a cutting pad?

Can`t say. I have not used OHP yet. They need to send me a sample (hint, hint, hint!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this Sonus product harness the power of the new, revolutionary Nano technology?

:LOLOL
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I missed the sale on the PC kits? Doh!! I thought I could handle my panels by hand...

And my car is looking great but could look better... and my arm is going to fall off.

I`ll try and make the sponsor event. There is definately a wealth of information on this site. Kudos on that. It`s a good feeling to know you can learn something new everyday.

These new pads sound great, even though I`ve never used a PC, I can see the point. Done a bit of woodworking polishing, my new PC will eventually see double duty. I may even end up sleeping with it under my pillow, like when I first started playing guitar. LOL. :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy-- you know that kind of POWER has only been successfully harnessed by EO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet I can`t wait to get my hands on this!

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Does your delving into Acrylics as in this polish, mean you are going to be releasing a Paint Sealant in the near term?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information