Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys recommend that I use a polishing machine to apply this compund, or will the applicator pad generate enough heat to break it down into the proper format? I am a novice when it comes to using a machine on my car, so I would be using a dual-action polisher if needed. Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    How much of the SBP should we be putting on the swirlbusterpad/pockets before we go at a panel? First time using it

I recommend spraying the pad with 2-3 shots of detail spray first to dampen the pad.

I load the pocket up 2-3 beads of polish on the first load. No need to worry about splatter... the pocket takes care of that problem.

After polishing out on the first round, spray the pad again with 1-2 shots detail spray, and one generous bead of polish in the pocket will be enough to load it back up.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a gratuitous shot(s) of my GTO with SB/Max Wax. It`s not full sun, but it sure looks shiny

Post Thanks / Like
    How bad was your swirling before? decent enough to notice? pics look great.. mine is on its way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    How bad was your swirling before? decent enough to notice? pics look great.. mine is on its way.

It would definitely have been noticeable in the trunk lid/spoiler picture. They were quite stubborn and I could not remove them with SSRs, Menzerna, OP, nor could I fill them in with RMG or #5/#7. NXT was the best at filling them but they were still noticeable. This literally removed (or hid, whichever) the swirls in one or two slow passes at high speed. Awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but do the acrylic fillers in the SB polish require any curing time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Both! As most of have experienced, removing severe swirls may take more than one polishing effort. That`s why some form of "filler" is in most swirl remover polish formulas.

All fillers are temporary. The difference with this product is that the filler is not an oil or a silicone, so it will not wash away in a single wash.

You can think of the SwirlBuster filler as a polymer sealant with good filling properties that gets burnished into the swirls with the heat of the pad. It is exceptionally easy to remove.

When you have polished a heavily swirled finish 2-3 times with this product, the filling capability will no longer be needed, because the swirls are truly gone. However, you will still see a nice benefit, as the final finish of the polish is darker than bare paint. The finish on black and red looks very wet.

Can Klasse sealant glaze be put over SBP? Or will there be bonding problems? If not, what are some of your favorites to top it with?

Thanks
    2004 Black Dodge SRT4

RIP 1999 Black Dakota R/T- AKA "broken" the drag project truck that made it till the end, until the end....................

Post Thanks / Like
    So how many washes are the fillers good for on an average? Is it OK to top this product with a wax like Soveran? How long does it need to cure before being topped? Is it necessary to follow up with a finer pad / polish when applying by PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    So how many washes are the fillers good for on an average? Is it OK to top this product with a wax like Soveran? How long does it need to cure before being topped? Is it necessary to follow up with a finer pad / polish when applying by PC?
    Read what DavidB has to say about the polish in the first post in this thread. It`s not a typical filler, but a durable acrylic. Basically, the abrasives remove or round off the edges on scratches and swirls, and the fillers fill in the deeper part of scratches that remain.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....9&page=1&pp=12

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so it sounds like once polished & filled the swirls should not return for quite a long time, good for customer cars! And it can be topped with anything.

However I dont think the question of curing time has been addressed? And will this polish / pad produce a "perfect" swirl free finish or do you need a pass with another product as mentioned by some rotary users? If you were to have to follow up with a milder pad / product wouldnt you be removing the acrylic fillers then?

Post Thanks / Like
    im a newb here but can you use sfx3 after and then use a good wax last.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use a regular polish after the SwirlBuster polish you will be wasting the benefit. A polish will remove the acrylic coating applied with the SwirlBuster polish.

We will be coming out with a finer version of SwirlBuster called "ClearCoat Polish.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

We will be coming out with a finer version of SwirlBuster called "ClearCoat Polish.

db

Is it just going to have less cut than SB? I find SB to finish out perfectly. Care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like
    DavidB,

You mentioned earlier that "On a Porter Cable DA, set the dial at 5 - 5.5." when using the SBP and the SB pad. Two questions:

1) can I use this pad with a Dewalt DW443?

2) If yes, what speed?

Again, thanks.

Ash.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    David,

You mentioned earlier that "On a Porter Cable DA, set the dial at 5 - 5.5." when using the SBP and the SB pad. Two questions:

1) can I use this pad with a Dewalt DW443?

2) If yes, what speed?

Again, thanks.

Ash.

The recommended speed for a rotary polisher was <=1000 rpm which was already stated earlier within this same post.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information