Post Thanks / Like

Is this considered an autopian wheel arch detail?

Ran across this video this evening. Seems like he covered all the bases

https://youtu.be/oUwbzyPFPts

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this considered an autopian wheel arch detail?

Lot of damn work, he said 255 hours? CRAZINESS! IMHO the Gtechnic Fabric Guard on the fabric wheel wells is a weird choice. On areas that don`t get much traffic I think that stuff only lasts a few months tops. But even if some things were overkill he did a damn good job and that is how you do it if you`re going to go all out.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow ! 255 hours ??? Really ????
    Well, at the rate he was going, it will probably take every one of those hours... Hope they are charging a zillion dollars for this..

And we have not even talked about washing the rest of the car, the engine and engine compartment, trunk, boot, etc., and wait until we see how many times, they spray down the Interior..

Oh, and then the paint correction..

I like cleaning inner wheel wells just fine, but I try to use a proper cleaner that is strong enough to get it all in 1-2 apps, and follow it up each time with Steam..

For Cloth liners, sometimes just the pressure washer with a wide fan tip can get them clean really fast..

Then, come back with the 8 hp master blaster to get all the water out faster..

Those brake calipers looked bad..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Wow ! 255 hours ??? Really ????
    Well, at the rate he was going, it will probably take every one of those hours... Hope they are charging a zillion dollars for this..

And we have not even talked about washing the rest of the car, the engine and engine compartment, trunk, boot, etc., and wait until we see how many times, they spray down the Interior..

Oh, and then the paint correction..

I like cleaning inner wheel wells just fine, but I try to use a proper cleaner that is strong enough to get it all in 1-2 apps, and follow it up each time with Steam..
    Then, come back with the 8 hp master blaster to get all the water out faster..
    Those brake calipers looked bad..
    Dan F

Those brake calipers looked like straight up metal. If they were, it would explain why he hit them with so many rounds of fallout remover and kept bleeding. haha
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this considered an autopian wheel arch detail?

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Lot of damn work, he said 255 hours? CRAZINESS! IMHO the Gtechnic Fabric Guard on the fabric wheel wells is a weird choice. On areas that don`t get much traffic I think that stuff only lasts a few months tops. But even if some things were overkill he did a damn good job and that is how you do it if you`re going to go all out.

I’ve got I would 11 month on my convertible Top on a daily driver. I live in washington and this has seen weeks on end of rain, snow and sun. It’s gotten ALOT of abuse

Frozen rain....

Rain stopped... took pic 3 hours later....this at 10 months

Applied last march. Will re apply this march. My top before application had ZERO beading.... this stuff is legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that I have/would never deal with those fabric liners (deal-breaker for me, simply wouldn`t own a vehicle with `em), and that I FFWD`d through the `tube..gee, I spend that kind of time on new-to-me used vehicles almost every time I get one, and *always* do that level of job in the wells/etc. No idea how long it takes (sure goes a lot quicker on new in-the-wrapper ones) but I`ll often spread it out over a few weeks. That`s a huge part of why it will often takes me well over a month to do the whole vehicle.

It`s *easy* to spend dozens of hours on the wells/undercarriage if it hasn`t been kept nice before, but once you do the Big Job it`s subsequently pretty quick and easy to keep it that way. Well, as long as you keep up with those areas at every wash.

BUT, as noted, using the right approaches can speed some things up quite a bit. If something isn`t working after a little while I`d wonder whether I`m using the right approach. And I`ve simply replaced some stuff, or had it refinished/rebuilt, rather than spend ages on it. Depending on whether you`re getting paid or not, "how much time is it worth?" can have different answers.

Thread Information