Post Thanks / Like

How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

Here is a video that I made on how to clean a tire and wheel without flooding the floor. There are other ways to do it I am sure, but this is a method that works very well for me. Hope someone finds it useful!

Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

Nice video, I do a similar process but I pre-soak the tire, then do the wheel and leave the actual tire cleaning for last, for me it is a bit more efficient and there is more dwell time. For trashed tires I also use some HD paper towels or blue shop towels for a first pass as some tires have tire slime on them that overloads the MF towel.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Nice video, I do a similar process but I pre-soak the tire, then do the wheel and leave the actual tire cleaning for last, for me it is a bit more efficient and there is more dwell time. For trashed tires I also use some HD paper towels or blue shop towels for a first pass as some tires have tire slime on them that overloads the MF towel.
    Thanks!.. and I have done that there but, it seemed like I was working over myself when I did that. If I did the wheel first and then the tire I was having to go back over the wheel a bit for splatter and stuff. Where this way I kinda work from the outside in. I dont think I have to go back over myself as much this way .. which is why I do it .. I know personal preference. But I do like the first pass with the other towels though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    Thanks!.. and I have done that there but, it seemed like I was working over myself when I did that. If I did the wheel first and then the tire I was having to go back over the wheel a bit for splatter and stuff. Where this way I kinda work from the outside in. I dont think I have to go back over myself as much this way .. which is why I do it .. I know personal preference. But I do like the first pass with the other towels though!
    I could see it going that way too, it really depends on which is worse, the tire or the wheel. The nice thing about being DIY is I can use whatever old clothes I have on hand instead of towels. Imagine the looks you`d get from your customer using an old sock or your wife`s old thong for the first pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video. I`ve been doing this method for years for a reason you didn`t mention: comfort. I can`t kneel and sit on my legs like most folks, so I just plant my butt down to do tires and wheels.

i think it`s a bit vague just to say the APC is 4:1. Doesn`t it depend on brand and strength of the APC? I use 10:1 Poorboys Bio APC for tires and it`s plenty strong.

And I completely agree that QD is often good enough for clearcoated painted wheels, and even if it isn`t, I`d never use this method with dedicated wheel cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Great video. I`ve been doing this method for years for a reason you didn`t mention: comfort. I can`t kneel and sit on my legs like most folks, so I just plant my butt down to do tires and wheels.

i think it`s a bit vague just to say the APC is 4:1. Doesn`t it depend on brand and strength of the APC? I use 10:1 Poorboys Bio APC for tires and it`s plenty strong.

And I completely agree that QD is often good enough for clearcoated painted wheels, and even if it isn`t, I`d never use this method with dedicated wheel cleaners.

Thanks for the reply! as far as does it matter what APC? Yes I am sure different companies have different recommendations. LOL I just had to re-watch the video .. I could have swore I said Meguiars all purpose cleaner in there when I was showing what all was needed!! Could have been a part I cut out or a retake... I see I said it for the hyper dressing ... eh .. hopefully if they want to know they will look at the products I used that I have linked in the video lol .. dang it . good catch there .. cant believe I left that out .. next time I am going to put out the Gallon jugs with the bottles I think. Next time I think I am going to write some points down ... this was all just off the top of my head and only my second video .. ever lol .. sooo lots of room to improve!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I could see it going that way too, it really depends on which is worse, the tire or the wheel. The nice thing about being DIY is I can use whatever old clothes I have on hand instead of towels. Imagine the looks you`d get from your customer using an old sock or your wife`s old thong for the first pass.
    lol .. wife`s old thong .. not sure how well that would work with it pretty much being string and all! That would get a weird look for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the video, very helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought these for cleaning tires during rinseless washes. No use in using MF`s for that job...

51TXGnmKhsL._SY445_.jpg
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IXLRS View Post
    Thanks for the video, very helpful!
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I bought these for cleaning tires during rinseless washes. No use in using MF`s for that job...

How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!-51txgnmkhsl._sy445_.jpg
    I have seen these before. They hold up with scrubbing being wet and all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    I have seen these before. They hold up with scrubbing being wet and all?
    I`ll let you know when I use them...LOL

They`re cheap enough so even if I have to go through a few of them on each tire I can just toss them. And it`s less laundry at the end of the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I`ll let you know when I use them...LOL

They`re cheap enough so even if I have to go through a few of them on each tire I can just toss them. And it`s less laundry at the end of the day!

That is very true!

Thread Information