Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Pet Hair Like a Pro!

Wonder when the Schticky first came out...I inherited a set of `em from my father and they were obviously quite old when he passed (back in 2002).

Quote Originally Posted by RiversAlone View Post
    ..I`m actually shocked on how many pet people don`t have dog/cat hammocks in their vehicles when they bring their pets places or on road trips...
    I gotta admit I only use the hammock in the sedans, the Tahoe being purpose-configured for dog-hauling (as in, removal of people seats in the back). It`s a little tricky in Crown Vics since they don`t have rear headrests, but still doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetail
    ...I have a large golden retriever who sheds an absurd amount of fur so I still have to clean it out of the car on a regular basis...
    Yeah, I pretty much have to do a cleanup after every dog outing, and that`s almost daily

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetail View Post
    This was one of the first purchases I made when I bought a new vehicle this past summer...well worth the investment, although I have a large golden retriever who sheds an absurd amount of fur so I still have to clean it out of the car on a regular basis.

I wasn`t super impressed with the rubber brush myself, I find it can be somewhat helpful in loosening up fur that has started to embed in the fabric, but it doesn`t seem to pull it all out. I`ve actually found the most effective way is to rub my hand (no gloves) across the surface (whether it`s a a cloth interior, my comforter, or the microfiber couch in my living room) with medium pressure and that helps me clump most of the fur together for easy vacuuming. I may have to give the stone a try next...
    Yeah using your hands or even better nitrile gloves helps too!

Definitely give it a try , I think you`ll be surprised on how well it works in most situations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Wonder when the Schticky first came out...I inherited a set of `em from my father and they were obviously quite old when he passed (back in 2002).

I gotta admit I only use the hammock in the sedans, the Tahoe being purpose-configured for dog-hauling (as in, removal of people seats in the back). It`s a little tricky in Crown Vics since they don`t have rear headrests, but still doable.

Yeah, I pretty much have to do a cleanup after every dog outing, and that`s almost daily

Haha , 2002 ? Just google it and they were first released in 2012. So it looks like the concept may have been around awhile , but he just branded it and brought it to the main stream market.

Good point , I guess not all vehicles are designed for the hammock. Even with the clean up, I`m sure its worth them tagging along!

Post Thanks / Like

RiversAlone- Ah, interesting about those dates! Yeah, must be some kind of rebranding, mine are so old the plastic was pretty yellow when I opened them.

And, heh heh...I sometimes feel that it`s more like I tag along with the dogs, playing chauffeur...uhm, I mean "pack leader"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RiversAlone- Ah, interesting about those dates! Yeah, must be some kind of rebranding, mine are so old the plastic was pretty yellow when I opened them.

And, heh heh...I sometimes feel that it`s more like I tag along with the dogs, playing chauffeur...uhm, I mean "pack leader"

Yeah , probably wasn`t an original idea from the beginning. He just took the concept and sold it under a name and marketed it well.

Hahaha, some times I feel the same way with my parrot , lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information