Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cringeworthy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    The guys a hack, start reading thru some of the comments. It`s a miracle he even gets business. Some of the things he says, about his own customers cars, would surprise you. You NEVER bash your client or their vehicle. I don`t care how bad it is.

And people are paying $200+ for this sub par work. Again, just read the comments.

Sure this isn`t the autopian top 2% detail work, but what he`s doing is damaging and harmful to the cars and potentially to their owners. Someone is going to end up with mold due to soaked padding either in a seat or under the carpet. Or like the truck from my first post, I`d expect premature CC failure. On a truck that very well could of cost $60k+. That is unacceptable for any level of detailing.

Not to mention what this kind of stuff does to the detailing industry. Driving down prices, lowering expectations, and poorly educating customers on what a good job actually is. I really think those of us who actually care to do it right need to come up with a new title instead of detailing. Let these kind of guys have the title. Because it`s not even the same thing

I personally don`t entirely like using Detailing on what I do anymore because I know the consumer immediately uses the Tunnel Washes as the standard for Detail pricing. I feel the only thing a new term would do is buy us a bit of time before the new term gets dragged across the floor. A new operation popped up in my city, talking about "let`s show them how it`s done the legit way" yet they charge less than $200 for "Compound and Polish" .... goodness .

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know what is worse: him saying holograms ALWAYS will be there using a rotary even with the skill of Paul Dalton OR this is on YouTube and considered a high standard.

Post Thanks / Like

I like how he drags the power cord across the quarterpanel while removing scratches on the hood.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    In this one...he cleans a cup holder with a screwdriver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsPah_JWeO4

The automobile in this video is an absolute pigsty! It is hard for me to imagine anyone living like that. I can`t imagine what the inside of their house looks like. Under the circumstances, it is hard to be critical of the detailer. At least he was willing to take on the job. I would not have touched it for any amount of money!

Post Thanks / Like

For the vehicle owners, wouldn`t it have been cheaper and more sensible to just re-carpet the entire vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    That video is only the tip of the iceberg...you have to watch this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-biS1Fiig
    Oh. My. God. All that liquid just dumped into the carpet, then wiped out with a towel?

As a tech who has dealt with the aftermath of water under carpet, I can only sent my condolences to the owner of that thing. Fun thing when you get water in an electrical harness- the current flow causes the water to wick into the wire, then it corrodes. I had a 530i one time that had a leaky windshield- there was one wire that had corrosion 5+ feet from the splice that was under water...

Post Thanks / Like

The revival of the thread made me look for any new videos... I wish I didn`t. It gets worse! I wonder if he`s got connections with a body shop, because I`m sure this trucks paint is done for after this

https://youtu.be/JnDXJdmkog0

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The revival of the thread made me look for any new videos... I wish I didn`t. It gets worse! I wonder if he`s got connections with a body shop, because I`m sure this trucks paint is done for after this

So THAT is how you remove tar from paint the easy way, didn`t even have to wash the truck! He must be a professional - he didn`t have to mask off the trim!
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Tar, scuff marks, blemishes, etc. some sandpaper paired with a whole bunch of the guys "literally clean everything" product purple power. Who knew it could also be used in place of water when wet sanding
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes PRND[S] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like his secret to good After shots: Keep the camera moving in poor light!
    Likes ShakingHorizons, PRND[S] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love how at around 3:00 he washes the filthy rocker panel in a nice circular motion, bringing the dirt up to the rest of the door and grinding it in.

Post Thanks / Like

All this is stuff (which NO, I won`t spend a second watching) is just more proof that ya can`t just blindly believe [stuff], let alone what ya see on the internet. I mean, seriously...don`t people *THINK* about things any more? Why would anybody take such [stuff] seriously?!? I knew better when I was in gradeschool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2110045`]I love how at around 3:00 he washes the filthy rocker panel in a nice circular motion, bringing the dirt up to the rest of the door and grinding it in.
    When I was watching it, I was shouting "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" even if I wouldn`t be heard by the person in the video
    Likes PRND[S], Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he even bothers to change the yellow pad..probably not

I forgot about this thread, I watched the vids again...does anyone else find the irony in the pokemon song on the first video?

Brandt K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information