Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

The Best detailing spray ever shootout / review

A review of the best automotive detailing sprays... 15 of the highest rated detailing sprays go head to head... There can be only one winner...

(QD, quick detailers, detail spray, spray wax, spray sealants type products)

PART 1
    https://youtu.be/qiGDlj-cK5c

PART 2
    https://youtu.be/dEx676S7-Ok
    Likes Stokdgs, mjlinane, 512detail, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Best detailing spray ever shootout / review

Id be interested to see how Rinseless and Waterless washs mixed at detail strengths stack up (D114, D115, ONR, UWW+, WGU, IUDJ, etc). I personally use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash mixed at detail strength (incredible gloss), or Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ slightly above waterless wash ratios (great cleaning and lifting with smooth silky feel). I find these products to be much more affordable and you can mix whatever ratio suits you best.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
    Likes pwaug, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say: you should try Uber Rinseless. Id like to hear your thoughts on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed these videos.

I have about half the products in the videos and pretty much agree with the findings.

Lolz on Zaino. Some people love this stuff. I never used the Bouncers stuff - but agree FK 425 is very good. Would have liked to see DG Aquawax in this - but not sure its even available in the UK. Would also like to see Prima Slick in this test.

****please support trans-species humans.
    Likes cardaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Swanic... its good to know you shared some of my thoughts on the ones you had.. thats a great little sanity check for me....
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the videos. I was surprised that I had only use two of your 15 QDers. I dont use a QD expecting it to last more than a day or two. My current favorites are Menzermas QD and CarPro Reload and Ive got the new offering from Kenotek that I am getting ready to try. When I think about QDers, shine is my number one concern, everything else except maybe dust/static problems are secondary. For production Detailers Meguires Last Touch product would be a good one based on cost and shine. Ive used a lot of CG V07 in the past and even bought the gallon, which really brought the cost down to a reasonable level. There are many discussions on whether beading is actually a good thing or not, with a QD I really dont know, I really dont buy them expecting any protection. You had a spray wax in your QD lineup, I dont really put spray waxes in the QD world even though I have used one occasionally to remove some light dust, but I would expect anything with a carnauba in it to attract more dust and be somewhat greasy until the carnauba fully cures, depending on the carrier agents. Again, thank you for testing something that is used almost daily by the detailing population and I hope you will do it again in the future with a few more products. Maybe take your top five and add the top five here in the US. One final question, how did you measure shine/gloss? I know there are some gloss meters for sale, but I have never seen one in use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thanks for the videos. I was surprised that I had only use two of your 15 QDers. I dont use a QD expecting it to last more than a day or two. My current favorites are Menzermas QD and CarPro Reload and Ive got the new offering from Kenotek that I am getting ready to try. When I think about QDers, shine is my number one concern, everything else except maybe dust/static problems are secondary. For production Detailers Meguires Last Touch product would be a good one based on cost and shine. Ive used a lot of CG V07 in the past and even bought the gallon, which really brought the cost down to a reasonable level. There are many discussions on whether beading is actually a good thing or not, with a QD I really dont know, I really dont buy them expecting any protection. You had a spray wax in your QD lineup, I dont really put spray waxes in the QD world even though I have used one occasionally to remove some light dust, but I would expect anything with a carnauba in it to attract more dust and be somewhat greasy until the carnauba fully cures, depending on the carrier agents. Again, thank you for testing something that is used almost daily by the detailing population and I hope you will do it again in the future with a few more products. Maybe take your top five and add the top five here in the US. One final question, how did you measure shine/gloss? I know there are some gloss meters for sale, but I have never seen one in use.
    Which Menzerna QD do you use? Ive seen Endless Shine and Refresh, wondering what the difference was. Also isnt Reload more of a spray sealant, meant for use on clean paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Which Menzerna QD do you use? Ive seen Endless Shine and Refresh, wondering what the difference was. Also isnt Reload more of a spray sealant, meant for use on clean paint?
    Never used Refresh - but Endless Shine sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Never used Refresh - but Endless Shine sucks.
    Hmm good to know. Its expensive too. What makes it bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Hmm good to know. Its expensive too. What makes it bad?
    Streaks and just is a PIA to use. Its also too thick, IMHO. So many better choice for less. Spray and Gloss by PBs is pretty good and cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Laugh at Zaino all you want , Z6 is meant to leave a clean surface. On the other hand Z8 is probably still the best spray wax as far as slickness and looks goes, so put that in your pipes....
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Laugh at Zaino all you want , Z6 is meant to leave a clean surface. On the other hand Z8 is probably still the best spray wax as far as slickness and looks goes, so put that in your pipes....
    Hmm I do need a cheap spray wax for my exhaust pipes. Ill give it a try
    Likes Ronkh, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like Menzerma Endless Shine and it will streak if you lay it on heavy, similar to CG V07. But to remove the streaks, just flip the towel over to a dry side, poof done. You can spray it on your towel and apply then wipe with a clean MF towel. I dont have any problem with it. I just like the shine left behind and on my cars the shine is what matters. Reload can be used a a QD with no problems, CarPro even says it can be used as a drying aid (I have never used it that way). Reload amps up the shine on any coated car. I have heard some people (Ron) have had streaking problems with Reload. I never used to older version of Reload and havent had any problems so far. I think many QDers will streak/rainbow if too much is applied. And yeah the Menz stuff is costly, I got it by mistake when I ordered their Top Inspection (also good), it has been a great mistake and I will buy it again when I run out.

Post Thanks / Like

The Best detailing spray ever shootout / review

This category of products is a lot of bunk frankly. Some are sealants, some are waxes, and some are hybrid combinations. Throw in waterless washes and it gets even more confused. Just what is a detail spray? I doubt two people have the same answer. The review was very interesting nonetheless. Lots of thought went into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    This category of products is a lot of bunk frankly. Some are sealants, some are waxes, and some are hybrid combinations. Throw in waterless washes and it gets even more confused. Just what is a detail spray? I doubt two people have the same answer. The review was very interesting nonetheless. Lots of thought went into it.
    they are yer, i can tell from your language you have a good understanding of some of the problems doing this kind of vid (and Rlccartys post as well really good)... I kind of put a fairly lengthy discussion in there on this to kind of define how I was marking it in terms of what I wanted from a QD, what I was looking for in a product... If my criteria was different there would have been a different winner... And someone else doing this view would also have a different list... but you could say that about any review done really...

Great feedback from all... There is also a little "element" of fun here as well.. .Its never gonna be completly "definitive" even with a endless budget and a test lab and test team of 20 people testing every spray ever made... there would still be "issues"

thx for watching and feeding back really appreciate it...
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information