Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo nyc

Post Thanks / Like

Ammo nyc

I`m not really sure if this is the exact right spot for this thread, but it seemed the most fitting to me. If it`s not the right place I apologize and please move to the proper category. Thank you.

I just wanted to see what you all think of the youtuber AMMO NYC. I actually found his videos while watching Mike Phillips videos which is what brings up my questions. Keep in mind I am an amateur. I haven`t even had the opportunity to use my new GG6 yet (I need a usable garage).

Some of the things he does/says seem to contradict what I see Mike Phillips and some other things I read over at AG. Judging off what he works on and his website, I would say he knows what he`s doing but it never hurts to get other peoples opinion. I`d rather look sound like an idiot now than mess something up and look like a idiotic jerk.

I talk/type too much. Here`s his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYs...TkoxI5D17s1u-w
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ammo nyc

Any guy that works on exotic million dollar cars...is a credible source. His products are high priced, but worth every penny. I`ve never been disappointed. There are many credible guys in the business...they all have their unique perspectives. Keep an open mind.
    Likes jsou, RaskyR1, RDKC, The Driver liked this post
    Thanks RDKC thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    ...Some of the things he does/says seem to contradict what I see Mike Phillips and some other things I read over at AG. Judging off what he works on and his website, I would say he knows what he`s doing but it never hurts to get other peoples opinion. I`d rather look sound like an idiot now than mess something up and look like a idiotic jerk....
    Any specifics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post

Some of the things he does/says seem to contradict what I see Mike Phillips and some other things I read over at AG. Judging off what he works on and his website, I would say he knows what he`s doing but it never hurts to get other peoples opinion. I`d rather look sound like an idiot now than mess something up and look like a idiotic jerk.
    Mike Phillips pushes products. Larry Kosilla demonstrates techniques. I have seen both of them do things a bit differently than I would but over time I have come more and more to the conclusion that Mike Phillips doesn`t know what the heck he`s talking about.

- Patrick
    Likes upon3 liked this post
    Thanks upon3 thanked for this post
    Dislikes upon3, Jaddie disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kacz View Post
    Any specifics?
    Off the top of my head...

I`ve noticed he can move the polisher pretty quickly at times. Another one which I don`t really question so much is in his microfiber video he says he uses 300-350 GSM towels for pretty much everything. I have read a hundred people going crazy over high GSM towels and I`ve even seen people that say they won`t touch paint with that "low" of a GSM. Last thing I can think of right now is La

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    Mike Phillips pushes products. Larry Kosilla demonstrates techniques. I have seen both of them do things a bit differently than I would but over time I have come more and more to the conclusion that Mike Phillips doesn`t know what the heck he`s talking abut.

- Patrick
    I know Mike Phillips pushes products. I think Mike really dumbs things down and that`s what bugs me about his stuff. I can relate to the "nerd" part of Larry. I`m one of those guys that isn`t content just knowing something works, I have to know the how and why. I`ve watched Meguiar`s, Chemical Guys, Mike Phillips/AutoGeek, and other brand name produced videos and while knowledge can be gained I don`t like the focus on what products to use. They`re marketing videos and they`re supposed to help sell product but I prefer an educational video that`s designed to teach. I love that Larry doesn`t really push any product, not even his own line.

And yes, I am slowly working my way through Internet Resources for Newbs.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes upon3, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t it great to be able to discuss products the Forum Sponsor does not sell!
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Isn`t it great to be able to discuss products the Forum Sponsor does not sell!
    That never really bothered me too much but yes, it is nice. Already found other products looking around here.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Post Thanks / Like

I wish larrys products were a bit cheaper I hear there are very good, they are more boutique kinda like Adams. I will say Mike knows plenty and so does Larry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    Mike Phillips pushes products. Larry Kosilla demonstrates techniques. I have seen both of them do things a bit differently than I would but over time I have come more and more to the conclusion that Mike Phillips doesn`t know what the heck he`s talking abut.

- Patrick
    Please provide a link to your YouTube channel and your detailed write ups

Even though Mike P pushes products and his book a lot, I would be astonished to hear many people share your point of view that he does not know what he is talking about

Larry is very informative and I enjoy listening to his podcast. Has a lot of guys on there like Kevin Brown, Jason Rose, and some other guys and they always dig into subjects in a way I like.

Post Thanks / Like

heisenburg,

Where do you find his podcasts?

Post Thanks / Like

you can find them at AMMO NYC`s website, you can listen to them there. They`re pretty good and entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry is so good that he can take a $2 sink sponge and sell it at his site for $10 bucks. Makes me wonder about the rest of his product`s mark-up. Hmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Larry is so good that he can take a $2 sink sponge and sell it at his site for $10 bucks. Makes me wonder about the rest of his product`s mark-up. Hmm...
    I would say his lower volume causes higher prices. Also it`s a very easy to follow process and line of products that he offers. I`ve liked the ones I`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    you can find them at AMMO NYC`s website, you can listen to them there. They`re pretty good and entertaining.
    I`ll have to look again once I get home tonight, must`ve missed them. I love the YouTube videos so I`m going to guess the podcasts will be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks RDKC thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information