Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Ghetto Pad Washer

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Would like to see if a Master Blaster, Sidekick or other air source can blow most of the water out while it`s still in "The Ghetto".
    I don`t even bother to dry pads if I`m going to use them right away. I just spin them on speed 6 on the Rupes. Gets almost all the water out & you can use the pads ASAP without issue.
    Likes ShawnF350, kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

tried it today. sure is easier than the hand in the sink method. worked very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice design. I`m impressed

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few questions about your ghetto pad washer. How far down from the top of the bucket did you make the cuts for the windows in the bucket? How wide are the windows in the bucket? How did you make the cuts so clean? I assumed you used a dremel tool. Did you put bolts through the bucket to support the Grit Guard in its new location?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kajunron View Post
    I have a few questions about your ghetto pad washer. How far down from the top of the bucket did you make the cuts for the windows in the bucket? How wide are the windows in the bucket? How did you make the cuts so clean? I assumed you used a dremel tool. Did you put bolts through the bucket to support the Grit Guard in its new location?
    You can make it however you want. I only have 2 openings in mine and it works just fine. I used a razor blade, nice and slow and careful. I cut a section of old garden hose up to secure my grit guard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Can you please tell me how far from the top of the buckets you made the cuts and how wide they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    Great idea, better patent that
    I`ll be watching for that on Shark Tank haha

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

call me crazy but I enjoy the process of pad washing...I like to see the pad all nasty and watch all the stuff I cut out of the previous sad looking vehicle to get it to where it is now just rinse away...but that`s just me...I`m a little crazy

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kajunron View Post
    Can you please tell me how far from the top of the buckets you made the cuts and how wide they are?
    You are really over thinking it. As long as there are holes for the water to escape it does not matter where or how big. I put 2 grit guards in one bucket, then put another bucket in the first bucket on top of the 2 grit guards and used the lip of the first bucket to draw a nice even line around the second bucket. Then I did maybe 10" wide openings 180° apart. I can measure when I get home if you still want more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    call me crazy but I enjoy the process of pad washing...I like to see the pad all nasty and watch all the stuff I cut out of the previous sad looking vehicle to get it to where it is now just rinse away...but that`s just me...I`m a little crazy
    I hate washing by hand. It used to just toss them in a bucket of snappy clean and sometimes didn`t get around to washing them for a week. I love this way and you can see plenty of polish coming out which is really satisfying.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I don,t want to put you to a lot of trouble. Any other information you deem important. Otherwise thanks for the info.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Some buckets are smaller than others and make the construction of the unit easier. I used one of the blue Lowes buckets and the grit guard only goes 1/2 the way down eliminating the need to attach rubber to the grit guard to keep it off the bottom. Take your grit guard along when shopping for a bucket.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information