Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is! The BEST way, IMO, to execute the traditional wash method.

No more two bucket method (2BM)... No more dirt and grime separation devices...

1 bucket, ultra plush microfiber towels, The Perfect Soap, and Garry Dean`s The Perfect Wash!

Check out the video I shot. Let me know if you have any questions!

I truly hope this will benefit those of you who are reluctant to switch to the Garry Dean Wash Method (rinseless method). Some people just don`t want to switch, so... I fixed it!

Thanks for watching!
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean

This is awesome. I`m not the only one who`s come to realize that instead of using the two-bucket method with grit guards to reduce the likelihood of re-introducing dirt, using a fresh towel once for each panel never introduces dirt at all. I started doing this back in 2001, when microfiber towels were pretty scarce. So instead of microfiber towels, I had a stack of wash mitts. Same concept, different twist. Whenever I told others of using multiple wash mitts, they thought I was totally OCD. Who`s laughing now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy408
    This is awesome. I`m not the only one who`s come to realize that instead of using the two-bucket method with grit guards to reduce the likelihood of re-introducing dirt, using a fresh towel once for each panel never introduces dirt at all. I started doing this back in 2001, when microfiber towels were pretty scarce. So instead of microfiber towels, I had a stack of wash mitts. Same concept, different twist. Whenever I told others of using multiple wash mitts, they thought I was totally OCD. Who`s laughing now?

Thats right! OCD for life!
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    haha. Nice. I have a pressure washer, but it sucks. How did you get that foam cannon assembly to fit on your pressure washer nozzle? I have one that basically hooks up to a regular hose thing (Quick connect style).

Anyway, video looks good. Thanks for the tips and info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally going to start calling you randomly to see if I can make it into one of the videos
    Donald Fazekas

Concours Detailing

Montgomery, Alabama

Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is! The BEST way, IMO, to execute the traditional wash method.

1 bucket, ultra plush microfiber towels, The Perfect Soap, and Garry Dean`s The Perfect Wash!

Check out the video I shot. Let me know if you have any questions!

I truly hope this will benefit those of you who are reluctant to switch to the Garry Dean Wash Method (rinseless method). Some people just don`t want to switch, so... I fixed it!

Thanks for watching!

Ok I`m a fan of Garry Dean, lol now Garry in this video you have the SET UP quite a few folks have been looking for, need a video showing how you went about setting up tank/Drum to Karcher as well as fittings & hose needed, This would be a great help Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing
    Ok I`m a fan of Garry Dean, lol now Garry in this video you have the SET UP quite a few folks have been looking for, need a video showing how you went about setting up tank/Drum to Karcher as well as fittings & hose needed, This would be a great help Thanks in advance.

Its pretty simple, really... I was given that 15 gallon tank a few years ago by a client who was going to throw it away. I drilled a hole in the bottom of it and found a fitting at Northern Tool that I put in that has a 3/4" hose bib on it and a gasket inside and out to make it water tight. The Karcher K2.360, 1.25 GPM pressure washer comes with a very cheap plastic quick disconnect system that is pretty much garbage. I have an extra 25ft hose extension and I got the foam gun and karcher fitting on amazon. The tank has a lid on the top that I remove to let some air get in and then gravity feeds the pressure washer.

Hope that helps.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it! Great video. I also like using a pressure washer (when possible). And I also prefer using MF for hand washing way more than a mitt or sponge too.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its pretty simple, really... I was given that 15 gallon tank a few years ago by a client who was going to throw it away. I drilled a hole in the bottom of it and found a fitting at Northern Tool that I put in that has a 3/4" hose bib on it and a gasket inside and out to make it water tight. The Karcher K2.360, 1.25 GPM pressure washer comes with a very cheap plastic quick disconnect system that is pretty much garbage. I have an extra 25ft hose extension and I got the foam gun and karcher fitting on amazon. The tank has a lid on the top that I remove to let some air get in and then gravity feeds the pressure washer.

Hope that helps.
    That may help alot Thanks Garry

Post Thanks / Like
    The Karcher K2.360, 1.25 GPM pressure washer comes with a very cheap plastic quick disconnect system that is pretty much garbage. I have an extra 25ft hose extension and I got the foam gun and karcher fitting on amazon. The tank has a lid on the top that I remove to let some air get in and then gravity feeds the pressure washer.

Hope that helps.

Do you remember what brand that foam gun is?

By the way, thanks for this video and method! It will be my new go-to way to wash my car!

When will your soap and towels be on your site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy408
    Who`s laughing now?

No one. It is just taking a known method and pitching it a new way. Any wash method is greatly enhanced with a good power washing including a rinseless. For example, the Absorber is just another reincarnation of the chamois and now there are lot of glass towels that are really just a chamois called a glass cleaning towel. It is about marketing and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    No one. It is just taking a known method and pitching it a new way. Any wash method is greatly enhanced with a good power washing including a rinseless. For example, the Absorber is just another reincarnation of the chamois and now there are lot of glass towels that are really just a chamois called a glass cleaning towel. It is about marketing and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think you quoted me out of context. I agree about what you said regarding a pressure washer. At the same time, that wasn`t the point I was making: the 2 bucket method only reduces the likelihood of re-introducing dirt, while the 1 bucket method + not reusing the wash medium effectively never re-introduces dirt. I think the latter method would be better than the 2 bucket method even to the average joe who doesn`t own a pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your point that you believe one mitt never dipped it better. I am not sure if there is a practical advantage given the car is pressure washed well but I feel there is more to the process than one specific aspect. Some just rinse the mitts with a hose without a second bucket so this is another variation.

For example, I feel it is safer to wash the door in sections (upper, lower, rockers) rather than washing one door from roof to rockers in one swipe without rinsing or changing mitts if no second bucket or mitt rinsing process is added. If you wipe 10 linear feet without cleaning/changing mitt or wipe 5 linear feet with a cleaner mitt which is safer?

I also prefer mitts because I can control the pressure against the paint better than microfiber towel. A mitt has two sides so there is the option to go over twice (one lightly, then flip with another pass). It is harder with mf on vertical surfaces because you have to push more against the paint.

Also, a good wash process should be combined with a good dry process such as using something like the Master Blaster. It is also about not using detailers all the time since every time you touch the paint there is a chance to mar.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would wash *VERY* small sections at a time, rather than an entire panel. But I figure that`s what Garry means when he talks about tweaking the method in whatever way works for you.

I`m undecided about the mitt vs. towel question I don`t see many MF mitts that are to my liking...can`t seem to find the plush blue ones I like so much. My white ones have nap that`s too long (just my preference) and my gold colored ones (Pinnacle label IIRC) leave a lot of lint. Overall I`d like to use a mitt for this, probably filled with the IUDJ solution, but it`d have to be the *right* mitt. And I`d want a *LOT* of `em...hate to buy a few dozen of the wrong ones!

Garry- Is your preference for low-gpm pressure washers primarily a matter of water conservation? I always leaned more towards a high-gpm/low to moderate-psi approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    If you wipe 10 linear feet without cleaning/changing mitt or wipe 5 linear feet with a cleaner mitt which is safer?

Great point Al. The smaller the wash area you work, less the chance that you`re spreading grime across your finish. The more that accumulates into your wash media during the wash stroke the more you`re apt to marr the finish. Plus the lubricity decreases too.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information