Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, those wristbands you`re wearing, what do they say?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, I noticed in watching your semi-tractor video above that you have a big metal peace sign on your watch, man that is supercool dude!! Do you make those, sell them? I would love to have one of those, or heck, maybe a few more of them for gifts, that would be awesome, hook me up man!

Oh by the way, are you ever concerned about your kickass watch scratching the paint? I just assumed most professionals would remove jewerly before working on paint. But what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Charles Hahn

David Fermani: I am going to respectfully request that you hold fast to your above post informing Mr. Suggs that he was receiving his first and last warning about his conduct on the forum. And, in the spirit of fairness, I would also request that you take measures to appropriately reprimand any other members who you feel have crossed the line and behaved in an unprofessional/unbecoming manner in response to Mr. Suggs (and that includes me, should you feel that what I have said in this thread is in any way outside the bounds of what is acceptable forum behavior). This entire situation has escalated to the point that it simply cannot be allowed to continue; this forum is about a group of mature adults who care about this industry doing all we can to educate both industry insiders and the consumer public about proper cosmetic care and reconditioning. These types of side shows detract from what is otherwise a noble mission and even if they are driving increased forum traffic, I feel it is for totally the wrong reasons. Thank you for your consideration.

I totally agree and will do so. I really hope that everyone can contain themselves here. Let`s refrain from throwing insults and innuendos that aren`t needed. If Jeff is willing to keep an open mind, keep things professional and discuss his methods then let`s do the same or avoid posting. At the end of the day we are detailers and we all don`t do the same kind of processes/procedures or use the same products. That`s what Autopia is about.....keeping an open mind and discussing all things detailing. We also all measure success in different ways too. What is great for one my not be for the other. Differences of opinions are fine and healthy for interesting communication. Let`s stay within those boundries and hope to walk away with knowing more than we did when we 1st started.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I totally agree and will do so. I really hope that everyone can contain themselves here. Let`s refrain from throwing insults and innuendos that aren`t needed. If Jeff is willing to keep an open mind, keep things professional and discuss his methods then let`s do the same or avoid posting. At the end of the day we are detailers and we all don`t do the same kind of processes/procedures or use the same products. That`s what Autopia is about.....keeping an open mind and discussing all things detailing. We also all measure success in different ways too. What is great for one my not be for the other. Differences of opinions are fine and healthy for interesting communication. Let`s stay within those boundries and hope to walk away with knowing more than we did when we 1st started.

I agree. I have been more than willing to provide an overspray removal link of work. My concern was more based on an objective conversation vrs defamation based on ego or initial confrontation.

I hope that Charles, David and others know from my work I am coming from an objective opinion.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, this thread is like driving down the interstate and seeing a `bad" accident.

It`s so bad, the damage is everywhere, the emergency response units are there, the squad cars are all around, lights flashing, and when we get alook, it`s an old VW beetle and the driver is out and doing a dance to show that they are bullet proof.

All the use of resources, all those people who want to be of assistance, other drivers are held back from getting to where they need to be.

For what, this thread is liking watching such or a train wreck.

As Forrest Gump said so well, "Stupid is as stupid does".

I will not go on with the "box of chocolates", as some times, no matter how hard one digs in a box, there are, as in this thread, "no chocolates` to be obtained.

Perhaps, some dried dog "feces" that may look like chocolates, but in this case, which it appears, that those feces is all we can gain.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    Jeff, those wristbands you`re wearing, what do they say?
    the yellow band is for cancer lance Armstrong. He has raised over 50 million dollars for cancer research. The blue band is " energy armor band " I repaired some vehicles at one of their manufacture plants, and one of the plant officials gave me 15 of them for free if I agreed to wear one in some of my videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    Jeff, I noticed in watching your semi-tractor video above that you have a big metal peace sign on your watch, man that is supercool dude!! Do you make those, sell them? I would love to have one of those, or heck, maybe a few more of them for gifts, that would be awesome, hook me up man!

Oh by the way, are you ever concerned about your kickass watch scratching the paint? I just assumed most professionals would remove jewerly before working on paint. But what do I know.
    The watch has a rubber band so that the metal doesn`t make contact to the paint. I wear the watch in a lot of my videos, its made out of pewter. I scratched it one day at work, I tried to remove the damage with my buffer and ended up polishing it. For whatever reason My videos get thousands of views in Japan, Russia and India and over there they kinda follow you. I have some friends on my Facebook and LinkedIn accounts from these places. Once I started wearing the watch with the yellow cancer and Armor blue band, they would take notice when I didn`t. I have met some cool people from these countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    Oh man, this thread is like driving down the interstate and seeing a `bad" accident.

It`s so bad, the damage is everywhere, the emergency response units are there, the squad cars are all around, lights flashing, and when we get alook, it`s an old VW beetle and the driver is out and doing a dance to show that they are bullet proof.

All the use of resources, all those people who want to be of assistance, other drivers are held back from getting to where they need to be.

For what, this thread is liking watching such or a train wreck.

As Forrest Gump said so well, "Stupid is as stupid does".

I will not go on with the "box of chocolates", as some times, no matter how hard one digs in a box, there are, as in this thread, "no chocolates` to be obtained.

Perhaps, some dried dog "feces" that may look like chocolates, but in this case, which it appears, that those feces is all we can gain.

Ron get over it dude, forget who I am and observe some of the work. I just posted videos of aluminum tankers being polished. I even removed the scratches from the aluminum and the decals. Honestly if you can`t appreciate the work done in these videos, demonstrate how you polish aluminum. Post one video of industrial paint overspray removal, or auto trim repair. It really doesn`t manner who I am, its all about repairing vehicles. My videos are pretty much the only ones on the internet that actually demonstrate the work being preformed. If you`re really into auto paint repair, then you can appreciate the work being done in the videos. I am going to link this video for you to give an honest opinion about the work preformed. And if you don`t like the work, let me know how you would have done it differently. Ron I am the most listed person in the world when it comes to paint overspray removal, and am not going anywhere. At least this is coming from an American and your not seeing all this from someone else from another country telling everyone on this forum that no American can do what I can.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are people who can do this, and in front of owners. Ignore the interior pics but the outside is a true overspray mess. Owner was present every day. I will not plague this thread with multiple pictures they speak for themself.

1994 Rx-7 | Facebook
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Suggs
    David I was offering my help in overspray removal manners.

Jeff, could you please provide a link to a thread where you have provided advice or help. I must have missed it. If you could let me know the post # in the tread I would appreciate it. I don`t want to miss it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    Jeff, could you please provide a link to a thread where you have provided advice or help. I must have missed it. If you could let me know the post # in the tread I would appreciate it. I don`t want to miss it again.

+1000 dropping videos in random threads isnt advice..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    This Chevy Volt was heavily damaged with industrial paint overspray along with 300 hundred others from a paint crew working for Dow Chemical Plant. The paint product used was not a Protective Coating, so the clay-bar worked just fine. The vehicles were repaired using my clay-bar system. First wash the vehicle, then place a light coat of your choice of wax on every panel and the glass. Then take some "dawn" dish washing liquid, one good squirt in a spray bottle will do it. Clay thru the wax, one panel at a time and you will notice that there is no noise coming from this claying method. This means the friction of claying the vehicle`s paint has been greatly reduces. Also the dish washing liquid along with the wax has strengthen the clay-bar`s effect on removing the overspray. I know this may seem strange, but it really works. I have repaired thousands of vehicles using this method. Here is a video that demonstrates this technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea why you are so negative about someone that you have never met. Thats great that Google is working for you, but there are other ways of getting work in your area. For example maybe you should look into trying to get some work from insurance adjusters from Canada. I am not sure if they will let you join this social insurance adjuster site, but you should give it a try. I have gotten several jobs from adjusters on this forum. They ask me to join this site so that the adjusters could see my work. My videos, blogs, and website are linked to my profile. Scotty the fact that I have been allowed to join a site that is mainly for insurance adjusters in Canada blows your theory of my behavior in my videos. When it comes to an insurer paying out thousands of dollars on claims, they will overlook any of my so called bad behavior or lack of professionalism. In the real world, your work stands for itself. If you can offer a service that others cannot, you will get the work over others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CONCOURS.JOHN
    There are people who can do this, and in front of owners. Ignore the interior pics but the outside is a true overspray mess. Owner was present every day. I will not plague this thread with multiple pictures they speak for themself.

1994 Rx-7 | Facebook
    I am not here to judge your work, all am saying is pictures are great but a video is the true way of demonstrating your work. When you present pictures, there is no way for anyone to really know if you cleaned the vehicles, or if there were customer observing your process. I have thousands of pictures of my repairs, but only use them at the end of my videos with music add. Here is a video that demonstrates a slide show I like running just pictures but the actual work being performed is a better way of demonstrating your work. Here is another video of iron dust removal. I also have an excellent system to polish rims. Lets drop all this negative comments about each other, it serves no purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to even respond to this thread because it is exactly what Jeff wants.

Guys, this guy is doing SEO marketing 101 here, and every time someone "responds" to him, he just puts a new video, miraculously with a short SEO optimized description that helps him show up in search results. He is shamelessly black hat back linking, probably because his site has went down a few rankings and he is trying to bring it back up.

Please, stop responding to this thread. The bigger his threads are, the more SEO response he gets. He doesn`t want the Epic thread to be removed, because it helps his website rank higher. He is here to rustle feathers, and to get people to respond, so that he can post more videos.

Jeff, I personally do not have much of an opinion about your work. It is entirely unrelated to the work I do, or for that matter what most of the people on this forum do. You seem to have a lot of work, I`m glad for you. I sincerely hope that you find success in your field, and if your clients are happy with your work, that is all you should be concerned about.

That being said, using a specialized forum to shamelessly spam your web links in hopes of raising your search results is a morally questionable, at best, way to promote your business. Perhaps you should consider hiring a professional SEO marketing firm to promote your website and increase your rankings? It is a legitimate and respectable way to promote your business through online sources.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information