Thread: Crystal Guard

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crystal Guard

I have never really worried about the look of my cars in the past but now I have a new G35. Time for a change. I heard great things about Crystal Guard. Does anyone know anything about it?

What recommendations are there for keeping my car looking its best? Thank you, all.

Will

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey will,

welcome to dc and congrats on the g35. they`re great cars. i have a good friend that owns an i35 and loves it.

unfortuantely i don`t have any advice on crystal guard but i`m sure someone around here does. as far as combos goes, just search through dc and read up. there`s tons of great info and a lot of different recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry, but any ad that won`t tell you the price raises a red flag in my opinion. Probably very expensive. Believe me, if it was that great the car geeks would know about it and be using it. True car nuts manage to find every good product no matter how obscure. There`s a lot more to protecting your finish than a product lasting a long time. What about clarity, gloss, slickness, depth? Don`t believe the hype and try the stuff that the people here have actually used and can post an intelligent review on as opposed to what the seller tells you. I would try the Platinum products sold right here. Great deep gloss, easy to use and good longevity too. Buy the kit with the applicators and the spritz finishing spray. Great products and a great deal too. enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m fairly new here. I read post after post about one product and then another that I`d never heard of. I found abbreviations that made no sense to me and then had to learn them and the process of doing a good detailing job. It took time but now I know a little.

What I`ve learned is that there are a lot of good products out there, most of which I`ve never heard of and never seen in stores but which these folks know more about than you`ll most likely ever want to know.

Read a lot of posts, do some searches, be ready to spend a few bucks to get the right equipment and products.

I like Poorboys Pro Polish topped with their EX sealant and I use his Spray and Wipe almost daily so I don`t have to go to the car wash or get out the hose. Try www.poorboysworld.com. Steve developed the stuff...he posts on this board....gives great customer service....will be more than willing to hand out expert advise.

Caution....this stuff is addictive!

The Crystal Guard is expensive and as far as I can tell is not yet fully tested by the experts on this site and on the other forums I frequent. I`m passing on it until the verdict is clear....which it is in the case of the Poorboys stuff.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information