Post Thanks / Like

How to remove tough stains and residue: bird droppings, tar, bug stains, etc.

Hi everyone, I`m new to this board. Maybe some of you gurus can help me out here.

I have looked on autopia, bettercarcare, and other related sites hoping to find the answer to my problem, but with no success. All of the detail sites discussed how to prevent stains by immediately wiping the mess off. However, there was a winter storm here in So Cal and I couldn`t take care of my car for a month because of the rain. Now the weather is getting better but I found that my car is a mess. The exterior is covered with bird droppings, tree saps, and other nasty stuff.

I attempted to attack the problems by using Mother`s products (clay, pre-wax cleaner, glaze and sealer, wax) but with little or no success. Water spots are clearly present, so are the residues from droppings and tree sap. I realize that the product I was using was too mild. Can anyone suggest some products that will successfully get rid of this mess?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove tough stains and residue: bird droppings, tar, bug stains, etc.

Klasse AIO is good cleaner to remove many of the things you list.

Bird droppings can etch the paint which is something that will require an abrasive cleaner to fix. I`ve never had luck with anything short of 2000 grit wet sanding but others have reported success with the more aggressive swirl mark removers like Meg`s ScratchX by hand. Or Poorboys` SSR3 or SSR2.5 with a machine. Here`s a post about bird bomb removal.

Maybe someone else can speak to the sap and waterspots issue. or perhaps a search will turn up something.

good luck!
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove tough stains and residue: bird droppings, tar, bug stains, etc.

Welcome to DC ...
    While I am not a guru, here are some things that have worked for me.
    Tree sap, road tar, and other petroleum based depostits can usually be removed with mineral spirits (found in the paint department at wal-mart etc.) Alcohol will also remove most tree sap. Even after the deposits are removed, staining might still be present on/in the paint. As mentioned, AIO will remove some of these stains, but if they are bad a product like Meguiars DACP (Dual Action Cleaner Polish) or even their Power Cleaner might be needed. DACP can be used by hand but it will require a lot of rubbing. It performs better with a PC and best with a rotary buffer.
    There are many other products that will do the same thing but I have had success in the past using these. Good Luck and I am sure you will get many great solutions to your problem.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you guys experienced with 1Z paint polish? Menzerna Intensive Polish? or any of the 3M rubbing compounds? I`m going to buy 1 of the above 3 from all the reviews I read from various sites. Anyone here has a personal experience with any of the products above?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimpwgn
    Any of you guys experienced with 1Z paint polish? Menzerna Intensive Polish? or any of the 3M rubbing compounds? I`m going to buy 1 of the above 3 from all the reviews I read from various sites. Anyone here has a personal experience with any of the products above?
    would you be using them by machine or hand?
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

By hand, but I`m considering buying a PC.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would stay with the PP if using it by hand, you may want to look at the Poorboys SSR`s too.

Thread Information