Post Thanks / Like

Fellow Detail Citizens

I would just like to let you know that my parents and evey cashier i`ve encountered this weekend think I`m totally nuts. In a nut shell in the past week i`ve spent a ton of mony on detailing supplies! It`s all your guys fault!

My list of purchase so far:

pc 7336sp kit from lowes
    Meguiar`s #83 DACP
    eurow wool wash mitt
    2 wash buckets
    gallon of nxt wash
    folex spot treatment
    woolite
    oxy clean
    EO a2z wheel cleaner
    ultimate hose nozzle
    odor x
    pb bnb
    pb nl
    pb natty wax
    pb ex-p
    stoner`s invisible glass
    the 16 pack of microfibers from sam`s club
    the 5 pack of microfibers from microtex
    1 microfiber from pb
    4 bottles of QEW

That has all been purchased within the past week with the majority of the stuff this weekend. People sure do think your weird buying detailing supplies in 2 degree weather and a snow storm! I still have a ton of stuff to buy, but I`m getting there and getting broke! Thanks guys!
    `04 Grand Prix-Greystone Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fellow Detail Citizens

Remember, if you didn`t do so already, to pick those Eurow sheepskin mitts "like fruit": selecting only the softest of the bunch

Now you`re going to have some rather unusual loads of laundry when you wash your mfs ( do so before using) and also your mitts
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

When you stare in your cabinet at your 5-10 jars of paste wax and you cannot decide which one to use, you will then know you are a true nut and OCD sufferer.

You have been infected.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys! I just went out and added a bit to the collection. A mothers clay bar kit and tarminator. I also ordered some vanilla moose too that I forgot about! I could not find any clay magic in the 6 or so stores I visited this weekend. Has it been discontinued?

Also....I have some meguiar`s 3 step deep crystal system that I had when my old truck had paint on it. I`d say it`s probably 2 years old tops. Is it still safe to use or should I just pitch it? I don`t know if waxes and polishes have a born on date or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Clay Magic is still around but can be hard to find at times. Wal-Mart stopped carrying it here so I have to order all of my clay online. In fact, I have to order 95% of my products online.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Clay Magic is made by Auto Wax Company and can be found in a well stocked car parts store or a paint and body supply shop ( as well as online).

I recall the time I found Tarminator on clearance and I bought all of them If you really like their stuff you can always order cases of it directly from Stoner as well.

There are a lot better systems out there than the Megs Deep Crystal. Since you`re in a buying mood why not treat yourself to the true premium stuff? . You can read up on the variety available here.Shelf life of waxes and solvents is generally at least a few years.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    Clay Magic is made by Auto Wax Company and can be found in a well stocked car parts store or a paint and body supply shop ( as well as online).

I recall the time I found Tarminator on clearance and I bought all of them If you really like their stuff you can always order cases of it directly from Stoner as well.

There are a lot better systems out there than the Megs Deep Crystal. Since you`re in a buying mood why not treat yourself to the true premium stuff? . You can read up on the variety available here.Shelf life of waxes and solvents is generally at least a few years.

I have/am working on getting more premium stuff. I was just wondering because I know once I get out there and start cleaning a friend or relative will want theirs done and unless they are paying me I don`t want to waste my good stuff on their cars. Sounds bad I know...but I have a bunch of freeloading friends and relatives! I`d rather just do a simple wash and wax job with the deep crystal stuff I have already than bust out my good stuff.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigChevMan
    I have/am working on getting more premium stuff. I was just wondering because I know once I get out there and start cleaning a friend or relative will want theirs done and unless they are paying me I don`t want to waste my good stuff on their cars. Sounds bad I know...but I have a bunch of freeloading friends and relatives! I`d rather just do a simple wash and wax job with the deep crystal stuff I have already than bust out my good stuff.
    You might consider giving it to someone that can`t afford the "premium" stuff.

Also, you already have quite a stock. You might want to use some of what you have before you purchase a lot more products. :dunno

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    You might consider giving it to someone that can`t afford the "premium" stuff.

Also, you already have quite a stock. You might want to use some of what you have before you purchase a lot more products. :dunno

Charles
    Good idea on the give away.....but it`s like...I feel lost without purchasing some detailing products here lately. Something comes over me and I have to hop online and purchase some ridiculously expensive wax or polish. I love it!

I`ve been watching the weather religiously for the past few weeks. If it even looks like it`s going to hit 35, i`m takin` the day off work and detailing the prix.

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed inside all day today because it was 35-40º, and you will do a full detail at 35º?! LOL, I`m a wimp!
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go BigChev, that`s quite a line up your building. I got some MF waffle weave s for drying and I love them . Get 2 if you have a big chevy..Aloha
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TW85
    When you stare in your cabinet at your 5-10 jars of paste wax and you cannot decide which one to use, you will then know you are a true nut and OCD sufferer.

You have been infected.
    Thanks for that comment. Now I k now that I am certified OCD! :rolling

Thread Information