97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

How many rinses?

Do you people usually do more than one rinse when washing your microfibers?
    If so, how many? I`ve noticed that even after one rinse using a dash of vinegar there still seems to be a lot of soap left over. So I rinsed the towels a second time and I watched how much soap got released after the rinse. It was about the same. I`m using about half the amount of soap that the manufacturer recommends too. Should I just keep rinsing and rinsing until pretty much all the soap is gone? Will my towels be stiff if I don`t get the majority of soap out?
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many rinses?

I use 2 rinses for everything now. I don`t get much residue with Pinnacle MicroRejuvenator, Sonus or Charlie`s Soap on the second rinse but I notice a big difference. Same with regular laundry...I`m using Charlie`s Soap for that now.

What sort of detergent are you using?
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtodde
    What sort of detergent are you using?
    I use All.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like

I use All (free and clear) and rinse twice. The towels come out better that way.
    Also, see this thread:
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8923
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

So what if after rinsing twice there`s still soap in the microfibers? Rinse again or no big deal? I don`t want my towels getting stiff, if there is such a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by III
    So what if after rinsing twice there`s still soap in the microfibers? Rinse again or no big deal? I don`t want my towels getting stiff, if there is such a thing.
    I would probably add the vinegar to the rinse water ... that will help break down the detergent. I also rinse my MFs in hot water. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Pinnacle`s MicroRejuvenator and two rinse cycles.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who do two rinses, what were you seeing that alarmed you? Dryed product left over? Product smell?

But I know micro is kinda a strange animal. It could be hinding things in the fiber.

Right now I`m not doing any water only cycles for extra rinses. I have a front loader and I think they are better. I`m doing a hand wash with Murphy`s Oil Soap, then bucket rinse a few times, into the machine w/woolite for a full wash cycle and then another with microrestorer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Ram
    For those who do two rinses, what were you seeing that alarmed you? Dryed product left over? Product smell?
    For me, my towels just seemed to feel softer if I rinsed twice. Our machine has that feature so it isn`t a problem. I didn`t notice anyproduc or anything but the Dawn wash in the bucket seems to remove all the wax and polish residues. The reason I use the dawn in the bucket is because, before doing it that way, there would be a bathtub type ring in the washing machine. My theory was that the laundry detergent wasn`t completely breaking down the oils, waxes, silicones, etc. that are in the detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimwallace
    For me, my towels just seemed to feel softer if I rinsed twice. Our machine has that feature so it isn`t a problem. I didn`t notice anyproduc or anything but the Dawn wash in the bucket seems to remove all the wax and polish residues. The reason I use the dawn in the bucket is because, before doing it that way, there would be a bathtub type ring in the washing machine. My theory was that the laundry detergent wasn`t completely breaking down the oils, waxes, silicones, etc. that are in the detailing products.
    :yeah

I don`t have as nice of a washing machine, but other than that Kim has summed my answer up completely. With All Free & Clear I still had soap residue on the 6th wash when I did some tests. With Charlies, I have very little if any residue on the 2nd rinse, but my water is hard and it works so I`m happy.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimwallace

Oh D`oh.... :doh.. I was thinking that people were like doing an extra wash cycle. Yeah, my machine has that feature too and I just leave it set on. Ever so often I`ll look at the last rinse cycle for an abundance of suds. I`ve gotten to know who much soap to put in.

Good eye picking up the suds ring. So much of this hobby (or profession) is from observing things. And just think that all that crap was going though your machine.

Thread Information