Post Thanks / Like

Side jobs are BOOMING

In addition to the Benz I`m going to do, another guy approached me and scheduled a Saturday for me to do a basic in & out on his 2000 Maroon Explorer (3-step max <#82, AIO, UPP>) for $100.

PLUS he wants a sealant put on his 2003 Med Charcoal Metallic Thunderbird.

Try as I might, he refuses clay, and it was all I could do to convince him that a polish was required prior to the sealant for maximum results (AIO, UPP). I quoted him $40. for the T-bird (it will probably take me all of an hour to completely do the thing).

He is not a slob by any means and his cars are always `clean` to begin with. So I`m estimating 4-5 hours to complete both cars (including cure times for the sealant...probably UPP, maybe Collinite...maybe a different one on each).

So I`m getting $140 for a few hours work...now the PC will be paid off
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Great....AIO/UPP..gotta stand your ground .....I agreee..
    I really like second / third layers when I do vehicles.. I try to keep them over night, getting the first layer on at night then in the morning do a second layer(with UPP you need that 10/12 hour cure time).....and give it back the next day...
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    Great....AIO/UPP..gotta stand your ground .....I agreee..
    I really like second / third layers when I do vehicles.. I try to keep them over night, getting the first layer on at night then in the morning do a second layer (with UPP you need that 10/12 hour cure time).....and give it back the next day...
    jeff
    Most of my `customers` are guys I work with. The common arrangement is for us to switch cars overnight, I do their car, then bring it back to work and we `trade` back.

I almost never multi-coat sealants on their cars...not because I`m trying to cheat them, but because I rarely have the time required between coats, and the amount of prep work I do makes what I charge them a bargain...I had one guy call a detail shop before I did his car to `price shop.` The price they quoted him was higher than mine PLUS it doubled when he asked how much would it be if they did similar prep.

More than half of the time, they think I`ve `buffed` the car when all I`ve done is the wash...gives you an idea of how well I want the car prepped prior to actually buffing.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting jealousb here in northern CA. Its not stopped raining for the last two weeks. I have a lot of cars lined up about 10 but the weather needs to get better. Its rice and beans until then!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    COngrats on your success at keeping busy! Nice when you can have steady side work like that. The extra $$ always comes in handy.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Thread Information