In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool "I wash too much!"

Lately, I`ve found myself with an extra half hour each morning before I head off to my "day job", So I`ve been washing "the Detailmobile" daily.

Unfortunately the trip to work includes a long dusty road, and when I arrive I can see all of my drying strokes covered in dust, (looks quite ridiculous). I suppose I could use some QD, but I really hate the stuff and don`t like rubbing dust and dirt over the finish. Would a California Duster be a safe alternative?

I know that everytime I wash increases the risk of scratches but is there also any adverse effect to the wax and polish? Will it wear away faster?

I`m using Mequiars car wash. The truck is dark green (might as well be black) and is finished with 3M Hand Glaze and Mothers Consumer Carnuba Wax. (I`m trying to get rid of my old products before I restock with #9 and #26)

BTW Can I use the "Hand Glaze" with a PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would get a wand I have them in both cars and one in my shop. During the summer here the dust flys all over so its a must. I have a black car (never again) and it works wonders. Why you have water streaks on the car after driving it on a dirt road beats me, but you might try using a leaf blower on it after drying and see if that gets it a bit dryer. Its a guess but I use one all the time for a lot of reasons. You can use the wand and then the QD I have in the passed and it works good for me and I`m picky

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

water streaks

I guess I didn`t describe the "streaks" very well. They aren`t water streaks, its just dust attracted by static that shows up in the shape and direction that I dried the truck in. (looks like someone rubbed it with a dirty rag).

Thanks,

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dusty days = CCD and QD
    Works good for me. Depending on a lot of things, quite often I can just CCD for 2 - 3 days, then CCD and QD for 2-3 days more. By then, I think I have to bucket wash because of all the areas the dust gets into that only running water seems to flush out.
    Start for work early and do your CCD/QD when you are no longer going to be driving on the dusty road.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not dust or Qd anymore, it`s just too risky for me. I do QD after wax or before(clean surface). I think your carnuba is attracting the dust, I switched this week from meg`s #26 to UPP and the difference is AMAZING. I drove through some pretty serious dust and grass clippings yesterday and was amazed to see that very little actually stuck to the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    biff why don`t you QD right after your wash. If you are in a hurry just spray a MF and quickly wipe down. Should get rid of your streaks and keep the dust down. I also like the CCD, although a month ago while using it I left it in the parking lot I was in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there,

I am thinking that the carnauba wax might have something to do with the streaking...I mean it does draw dust to it like a magnet.

Why don`t you try applying some UPP and see if that helps your dust problem.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Can`t get UPP up here in the Great White North, at least not on the east coast. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Duster and then Poorboys Spray and Wipe.....no static, no marks, no hassle, no pain, all gain!! Love the stuff!!
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems this has not been addressed in this thread. Be sure not to use bleech or fabric softener on your towels, and keep your "wax towels" seperate from others. This might help with steak probs.
    2 cents... I dont need change.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks JimS...I haven`t washed a car in years...including Ferrari`s , Porche`s , Mercedes, and many Street Rods with big $$$ paint work. New technology for today`s finishes!

And ...coming to DC real soon....
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UPP

Originally posted by biff
    Can`t get UPP up here in the Great White North, at least not on the east coast. :-(
    Of course you can! I have bought it and I live in Portugal! (Dwayne ships it to the US, too )
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have said "Can`t get UPP economically up here"

Taxes, Duties, Shipping...

Post Thanks / Like
    Biff,

I am not sure how much all the extra`s are..duties, taxes etc, but
    UPP worth the money...trust everyone who has who has used it.

There are ways of getting what you need at a fair price I`m sure.
    Dwayne could help you out.

Ryan-

Thread Information