Post Thanks / Like

SUPPLY SHEET-- What do you think?

Ok here is what I`m going to order for use on my `04 GMC Yukon Denali "Black of course"

If there is anything I don`t need, shoudln`t use, or should replace w/ someone else, please tell me!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SUPPLY SHEET-- What do you think?

Wow you have quite a varity of products . Is all that stuff just for detailing one vehicle ? Good luck
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like

So that`s everything I need for detailing this denali?

Post Thanks / Like

Why bother with other`s opinions? you seem to be married to 4* products. Nothing wrong with that. It`s good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like you have nothing and are looking to build your detailing closet in 1 shot.

thats 1 way to do it.

Here`s some recomendations.

for your PC ... Check out Lowes i believe someone told me on here that they have it on sale right now for $95.00 if thats not going to work for you check out amazon.com they have it for $114.00 and free shipping

Don`t forget when you order from Premium auto care and other vendors who sponser Detail City they typicly give you a 10% discount.

Meguiars Pads wouldn`t be my first recomendation ... .I would however recomend the Edge 2000 system(ive heard nothing but raves about this setup) and I would also recomend the Advanced 7.5in High Gloss Pads!

I don`t know the condition of your truck but you may want to consider adding SSR 2.5 to your collection of poorboys ... ive found it to be a very instrumental part of my collection.

Another personal opinion after seeing Souveran and Nattys on the same car one panel with souveran and one panel with nattys.... Ill continue to buy the Nattys for $45.00 less!! Im sure there are some others here that would agree!

Another thing I would suggest would be to add Poorboys Spray and wipe...another great product for in between washes and quick touch ups!

All of the other things on your list I don`t really have much info on or are good to have. I know that everyone raves about the 4* leather cleaner.

I don`t think you would really need the AIO with all the other stuff your going to have in your collection. But someone else may want to correct me on that one...

Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the content in your other threads, I`d suggest double checking your Clearkote product selection. Clearkote`s naming convention is sometimes confusing, and my guess is that you want Carnauba Moose Wax instead of the regular Moose Wax.

You also mentioned that you are a newbie to detailing. May I suggest that you not focus solely on product acquisition, but spend just as much time learning about techniques. A skilled detailer can derive fantastic results from the most mediocre of products.

Post Thanks / Like

I second AWD`s suggestion of Carnaub aMoose Wax instead of regular Moose Wax. I would probably have told you the same thing when I got your order.

"The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know why I`m jealous...I have 90% of the items on your list!

You made some good choices!
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

When you order from PAC, be sure to type in "holidaysavings" in the coupon box for a 12% discount. If the code is no longer valid when you order, type in "detailcity" for 10% off.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO I would delete the Moose Wax and the Clay Lube. Even if you were still interested in the CMW (Carnuaba Moose Wax), I`d recommend holding off on it. EX is very similiar to CMW so I feel it would be buying essentailly the same product. Also I have found using a bucket of soapy water as you lube to be way more efficient (cheaper) and easier then a clay lube. If I can recommend one thing, get a 4 pack of Eurow sheepskin wash mitts from Costco, or any kind of sheepskin mitt for washing. They are pretty cheap and really make a difference in the initial washing. Also since your putting such a big order through i`d add a 32 oz bottle of S+W (Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe). Its an awesome product that will help keep your truck clean and shiny, with minimal effort and time, after your initial full detail. Any other questions just ask. I`d love to see that package from Dwayne, thats one of the biggest orders i`ve seen. Gotta love the DC discount and free shipping!

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: SUPPLY SHEET-- What do you think?

`If` it was me, I would get ALL the poorboys stuff from Steve as you can get more than 20% off (probably even more ,right Steve ? :naughty) with free shipping over $75 (after discount). Make sure you get at least 32 oz of S&W , this can be used as clay lube so you don`t need to order another one. Might as well get the clay from poorboys as well. It`ll be better to call Steve and get him to prepare you a she-bangs custom kit .
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8642

For MF, Steve just came up with a new irresistable offer here , but do check on poorboys`s MF starter kit , I have it and they are quality mfs, definitely recommended.

I`m not sure if you`ll have a need for Meg #39.If you order APC from Steve, I guess this would be unnecessary.

When you get the PC from PAC, do make an order for 4* Ultimate auto wash, that`s my special auto shampoo, it`s heavenly and make washing the car a joy :dancin.

ps: A special mention also to Four Star Spray Wax Carnauba Quick Wipe Kit which comes with two waffle weave mfs, that`ll come in handy .Btw the price for the kit is $14.95 and not $19.95 as on the front page . Hopefully Dwayne will get to read this.

Hope I don`t complicate things . Good luck and do update us on what you`re ordering

Chee
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is anything I don`t need, shoudln`t use, or should replace w/ someone else, please tell me!
    Just my humble opinion...

Drop the 4* clay and lube, and pick PB S&W and PB clay. S&W can
    be used as both a clay lube, and also works as a waterless wash.

Never heard of the "Fast as Lightning tire kit". If it is a cleaner/ shine
    combo, you might want to know that PB BNB has some cleaning capability
    when used full strength. So you can choose either the 4* or PB BNB.
    You don`t really both unless I`m mistaken. Another option is
    to use the PB car shampoo to wash the tires after you`ve done
    the rest of the car (i prefer to do tires last), then use a diluted
    version of BNB to save product, and get a more natural look
    to the tires; dilutions of up to half water and half BNB give the
    most natural black look to tires with a nice sheen, while higher
    concentrations of BNB will provide more gloss.

Drop the Meg`s polish pads, and get the Edge 2000 dual sided d/a pads:
    preferably the blue pad for light polishing, and white pad for finishing
    (don`t forget the adapter) Each Edge 2000 pad equals two Meg`s
    pads, and don`t have to worry about centering issues.

Unless your truck has some heavier type swirling, you can drop the
    ssr2 for now, and go with ssr1 and or aio, then your wax or sealant of
    choice. AIO is also excellent on wheels, so i would keep this.

Speaking of wax or sealant, I would drop the Souveran and EX,
    and either top with Natty`s or CMW. CMW gives off a deep wet
    look, while Natty`s give off a wet look with sharper reflection.
    Both work well with SSR1 and/ or AIO.

Woolite does a pretty good job of cleaning, and can be
    had cheap, so you can drop Meg`s 39, unless you absolutely have to
    have it. For a more robust all purpose cleaner, go with
    Meg`s APC. This can be used for cleaning interior trim, carpet
    pre treat, engine cleaning, wheel wells, wheels (when used in
    proper dillution), tires (if you don`t want to mess with the PB
    car shampoo). It will also strip off waxes if you are not happy
    with the look and want to start over.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s quite an impressive list to say the least! Just a suggestion, some of the items you have listed are available from different vendors at less cost. If you`re ready to order soon, several internet vendors are offering discounts and free shipping before Christmas, I`d say you should be able to save 10-20% of your bottom line. Good luck on the new ride!

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always find something cheaper if you look hard enough but keep in mind, Dwayne and Premiumautocare.com are the best in the business when it comes to customer service.

Dwayne makes sure that you are happy when you buy from him. I have a feeling that if Dwayne got this order that there would be plenty of Christmas stocking stuffers in the box.

I just received an order I placed from PAC for over $300 and I must have got about $30 worth of microfiber towels thrown in for free plus the holidaysavings discount and free shipping!

Why would I want to spend time tripping over dollars to save pennies?
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

Thread Information