Post Thanks / Like

How do yall do it.......???????

I know some smart people that have higher priced cars will get it professinally detailed but i saw a ad today. It was a local car wash place. For under 10 dollars you get..... hand wash, undercarage wash, clearcoat protectant, glass clean in and out, vacume and dash dressing. I know this isnt done to the best quality. but they line the cars up and with a few on each car, they are done in no time. I am just a neighboorhood detailer. I live in a better part of town and most have nicer cars. I will do just wash, wax, tires, vacume, dressing and glass. for under 50 dollars, Most are docters that catch a ride with there buddies to the course for some golf and leave the cars with me. Some only let me use there type of wax others dont care. They dont mind paying that much. But for 10 you almost get that. with out the quality

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do yall do it.......???????

I`d start stocking up on products now, cause in about a month when people start realizing what their cars look like after that so-called detail, you are going to have a line at your shop. Bad work shows, and over time people will stop going, even if it is cheap.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you can`t beat them on price you have to beat them on quality. Start offering more with your detailing like machine polishing, claying, leather conditioning, etc then charge more. Not only will you make more per car but you can EASILY explain why you are charging more. This is the approach I`ve been taking.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

WILL

An old saying in sales is "sell by price, die by price" What is being said here is educate your customers on what you are doing and what the 10 special is. I do this all the time with mine and they do not let anyone else take care of their cars
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I dont do enough detailing to make much money. I just do it to cover my cost of what i buy for my car and a little gas money. I noticed the other day when i was at the car wash that they would wipe the wheels then the paint then the windows and the trim. It made my skin crawl. lol i guess i need some products. I was talking to a lady in my hood yesterday and she ask about the cost of my service b/c she also saw the add in the paper. I told her everything. and even showed her on her car what they do. And explained swirls and gave her a test run ( one foot by one foot square) and she asked for the full service this coming weekend. excursion. wowoww Alll day i think.

Thread Information