it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Shop Vac Hang-Up 4hp

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...20097-95201-11
    I`d like to know if anyone owns or has used this particular vac before??? I was originally going to get the Craftsman wall vac, but I saw this one a little cheaper. I also know my parents have a gift certificate for Lowes and I would get the new mover`s discount. So any opinions on it??? It`s 1 less hp then the original one I wanted but i`m wondering it it will really make a difference??? I`m not really worried about the gallon capacity because I can always empty it out during a detail, and i`d prefer it to be as small as possible. I did some searching on here and the web and haven`t found much on this particular vac. Even when I visited Shop Vac`s website there was no mention of this vac, which I found weird. I`m wondering if its an older model or if it`s been replaced. So what do you guys/gals think??? I don`t need a crazy vac because I mainly detail my cars, but I don`t want to get something that will break or won`t provide enough suction. I`m sorry for adding another post on this topic, but i`m going to be buying one in the next week and i`m really not sure if I should get this one or go for the Craftsman.
    Any feedback or opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop Vac Hang-Up 4hp

I actually own this shopvac. For the price, this is a pretty good vacuum. I think that the best feature of this model is the extra long hose. Since the hose is so long, you really don`t have to move the unit around when vacuuming a vehicle. In my opinion, since you are really only detailing your cars...I would highly recommend this vac. I have had no complaints about it.

Post Thanks / Like

BRUHA what kinda suction do you get from it? Good bad? I know for certain the bigger gallon versions with same HP are significally more stronger, but this is best for mobile peeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Woob...I get pretty good suction from this vac. It`s always done a pretty good job of getting my interior clean. For the money, I really can`t complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Compared it to any of the higher hp`s? I might just grab one for the money!

Post Thanks / Like

I really can`t compare it to any other vacs...but like I said...for the money, you can`t go wrong!!!

Post Thanks / Like

JaCkaL829 - I had been eyeing that same Craftsman vac for a while until I saw the Lowes version and I ended up buying it last weekend. Can`t complain so far but to tell you the truth I haven`t used it on the cars yet. I ended up having to take it into my basement to clean up some wood dust from a home project I was working on and it had no problem cleaning up the place. Even with the long hose, suction was very strong.

The only thing I kinda noticed was that if you do end up having to take it off the wall, like I did, you may notice that it`s kinda top heavy and thus you have to watch out not to tip it over. But if you leave it on the wall, it`s perfect!

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

BRUHA: Have you ever wet vaced your mats after shampooing??? If so did you have problems with it no sucking all the water up?? This is the main reason why I want the vac, so I can feel comfortable in really washing mats out and being able to suck the water up. My mother was just telling me she heard they had a 10% discount at Sears today. Even though I missed it I might wait another week or 2 and if a good discount comes up i`ll take the Craftsman. If not i`ll just get the Shop Vac. Decisions Decisions :dunno lol

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only used it extract water from a small spot that I removed from the carpet in my mother`s SUV. The suction wasn`t too bad...but I`m sure that some of the more expensive vacs would have better results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaCkaL829
    BRUHA: Have you ever wet vaced your mats after shampooing??? If so did you have problems with it no sucking all the water up?? This is the main reason why I want the vac, so I can feel comfortable in really washing mats out and being able to suck the water up. My mother was just telling me she heard they had a 10% discount at Sears today. Even though I missed it I might wait another week or 2 and if a good discount comes up i`ll take the Craftsman. If not i`ll just get the Shop Vac. Decisions Decisions :dunno lol
    It`s on sale at Sears for $69.88 until 1/1/05!
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya I know it`s been on sale for quite some time now. When it comes to money my friends and family will agree I`m the cheapest :lol . I`m hoping Sears will offer a discount coupon in the mail or online with Christmas coming up. If not I found a $5 off any purchase coupon online, which is better then nothing :-p .

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I went to the mall today after class to do a little Christmas shopping and stopped by Sears to check out there Craftsman wall vac. I was really impressed with the size of it, its so tiny which is a huge plus. The guy was telling me it also had a 1 year warranty so that made me feel a little more comfortable. I`m probably just going to get this one. My aunt was saying there was a 10% discount on everything on Saturday from 7 am-10 am, and I have an online coupon for $5 off. So with the vac on sale for $70-$7(discount)-$5(coupon), it comes out to be a dollar more than the Shop Vac I was originally looking at, and this one has 1 extra hp. Its also very convenient for us to get it at Sears at the mall, because we really don`t have any nearby Lowes.

Post Thanks / Like

i have that exact thing.....but the sears version of it....it even has that same holder to hold the attachments....still cant figure that thing out really...haha..but it has been workin good for me.

Thread Information