Post Thanks / Like

i wanna work on peoples cars

ok i wanna work on peoples cars in my neighborhood. they see me twice a week and just the other day as i did a full exterior detail to my mothers car, my next door neighbor asked if i was the official "car wash guy". i answered with i just like doing cars, that in a way its theraputic. she then asked how much i charged. not expecting that question i said a wash with qd and tire dress up would be like 10 dollars and to include a wax in it to add 10 bucks. i also mentioned that for a full detail it would be 15 dollars an hour. i guess she didnt like what i posted up top her.

also today i noticed one of my neighbors which is a cop was washing his car with a broom. i felt like going over there after i finshed my souveren applicationa n offering him my services, but as expected i didnt.

i wanna detail peoples cars. the only people`s car ive ever touched have been my parents or my brother. i plan on hitting the moms beemer this sat along with my brothers maxima on sunday.

too pretty much sum it all up, i have very little work and i cant detail my own car everyday, so how do i get around?

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: i wanna work on peoples cars

It`s pretty easy, I had people lined up after they would see my work. I detail like you for the pure enjoyment of it, not looking at is a career or anything. I think once you get technical about rates per hour and different things the person might shy away. The few details that I do for money are usually very cheap and are only for friends and family. I`m not going to kill myself for someone I don`t know. My advice to you would be to offer friends and family your services at very cheap prices and eventually word of mouth will spread about your skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you read this yet? I started the same way you are and those are my tips for getting started. There are some tips on how to get business in there. The keyword in this industry is `networking`. Very few of the cars I detail are people I knew prior to making the appointment. Word gets around if you can just get to your neighbors and people that you do know.

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

very true about networking. Almost just like real estate. I get new clients from my commercial but all others are referrals from previous jobs and friends. Be patient it will come . You `re just starting out right? and already you created a buzz around your neighborhood. keep practicing on your cars and practice on your response when people ask about your services and prices..Aloha
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Thread Information