Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some food for thought

I have found this message board to be absolutely amazing. I have been turned into a hardcore detailing fanatic within a week. I found myself knowing what products to buy when I was buying them, I knew what to do when I was washing the car, claying the car, and then waxing the car. I knew a few screts, I knew how to get some stubborn stains out.

Some of you might have seen those pictures of the BMW I worked on, well now those pictures have gotten me clients. I am 16 years old, and people are willing to pay me $65 to do light exterior work (Wash,clay,wash, 1 coat Megs GC, buff residue) and a vacuum and wipe of the interior.

$65 bucks! For three maybe 4 hours of work, thats better than I could have ever hoped for at an hourly job around here.

Thank you so much for having this message board, thank you thank you thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just some food for thought

Originally posted by Tassadar
    I am 16 years old, and people are willing to pay me $65 to do light exterior work (Wash,clay,wash, 1 coat Megs GC, buff residue) and a vacuum and wipe of the interior.

$65 bucks! For three maybe 4 hours of work, thats better than I could have ever hoped for at an hourly job around here.
    ...and it`s keeping you off the streets...LOL Seriously, you could very easily turn this into a real money maker. Read everything you can get your hands on about detailing, related chemicals & techniques. The more you do, the quicker you will learn and be able to tackle some serious paint issues that can really enhance your reputation and bring in the money.

You could talk to local car-rental agencies and make a deal with the manager to clean their cars as they come back in. The don`t often want a "serious" detail, they usually just want their cars to be "clean." You might get a little less per car, but you will make up for it in volume plus work isn`t usually too involved.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tassadar,

Congrats on the clients. $65 is just the beginning so stick with it, do high quality work and the money will keep coming.

You probably don`t need to wash the car again. I usually clay the car while I`m washing using the soap and water as the lubricant.
    Ringo

Thread Information