Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

I need recommendations

I am going to start a small part-time detailing buisness. I allrady have a small client base, just waiting for me to get started. These people are not going to be very picky (they just want the cars clean, and to look clean). However, they are VERY picky about interiors.

I need an idea of a setup to get going. Currently I did one person with just Meguiars Gold Class, but after a good storm we had, she washed her car, and well...it was gone. So she asked if maybe next time I could use something that lasted a little longer (She had the car for about 4 days, big time thunderstorm w/ Oklahoma`s personal mud in the rain)

This in mind, what can you guys recommend. I need bang for buck. Doesnt have to last for years, but a month would be nice. Obviously I need an idea of what compounds, waxes, sealants to use.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse All In One is probably the best one-step product around. It works very easily and lasts about as long as any product out there. Outside of that, I think Eagle One makes some good, cheap products like wheel cleaner and car wash. I honestly feel the key to a good job is having the proper tools and using the proper techniques, even more so than that "miracle" wax. I swear by quality microfiber towels for drying and waxing/polishing. You also need a good wheel brush to get in those crevices. Microfiber does an amazing job on glass too, as well as for using quick-detail sprays, which are a must after a wash. This board has some great information, so you should have everything you need right here.

Post Thanks / Like
    After getting Swirls and light scratches out....I would use AIO then Platinum Protectant....wait about 2 hours before removing Platinum.......wait 12 hours and then add another layer of Platinumm...

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    The Gold Class has terrible durability, anything else is going to last longer. For long durability I would go with what Jeffbruce recommends, AIO and UPP. IMO it that combo will look alot more stunning than the GC. For bang for the buck check out the SEC and S100 combo.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I am looking at doing will have to be 3-5 hour details, with maybe a high-end detail on weekends. I am only 16, and will being this for a little extra cash (atleast enough to cover my own expenses and my own detaling desires).

Post Thanks / Like
    Still being young, your probably still fortunate to still not have a credit card! And that kind of limits your shopping priveledges...You could maybe go with Meg`s # 20....If you need to clean oxidation first, use Meg`s or Mothers products, (Im not familiar with either of their 3-step processes`) I usually go with Platinum or BF II....for durability....
    Klasse may be a little difficult for you being beginner....AIO doesnt last much more than 4-6 weeks in my book, course Im out here in So. Calif...
    Somewhere between the clear, and the BF II....

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my recommedations on stuff you can get locally without mail order/credit card and also works well by hand;

Compound; 3M PI-II
    Medium Polish; Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Plus (Megs #83)
    Light Polish; Meguiars Swirl Free Polish (#82) or Megs #9 2.0 Swirl Remover.
    Wax; Meguiars #26 Paste Wax
    Sealant; Meguiars #20

If you are looking for a decent one-step product (cleaner/wax) check out Mother`s Products. Their Cleaner/Wax is actually quite good and I`ve heard some good things about their Reflections product also. Reflections is a polish/sealant so it`s supposed to be able to polsh away contaminents and imperfections as well as lay down the sealer protective coat. Plus, it should last a bit longer than the Cleaner Wax. I`ve never used Reflections but I have used a ton of their Cleaner Wax over the years and it does do a good job and will last longer than Gold Class (IMO).

If you have the blessing of your parents and they will allow you to charge a few things then give Dwayne here at 4-Star a call. Not only do they carry most of the Meguiars stuff but there`s also the more "high end" stuff you can get like Klasse AIO, Platinum line and Poorboys EX sealant and polishes. He won`t try to sell you anything you don`t need or want.... they are straight shooters at 4-Star. Definetly get some quality micro-fiber towels or Cannon Charisma 100% bath towels. Don`t use Mom`s towels for the cars. .

Good luck!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, this is just what I have been looking for. If I get enough money put away from doing jobs with what I have (which should be easy, it doesnt take that much Megs GC Wax to do a car) I should be able to place an order.

Thread Information