Thread: $!%@^#&*

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

$!%@^#&*

#@$%^&*@#~!%^#&#**

I spilled some gasoline in my trunk and now I have that damn gasoline smell throughout the car. Airing it out but am in need of additional solutions.

Anyone got any? I can go buy something, but it`d have to be from a local place, don`t want to wait a week for an online order. Any household items able to help? Please advise...standing by wearing a gas mask.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like
    How`d you do that Hondaman?!?!?!?!?!?! Can you take out the carpeting from the trunk and try to clean it somehow? Is that possible? I guess you could open all the doors along with the trunk and let some fresh air get in there too. You gotta be more careful bud!!!!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $!%@^#&*

If it is soaked into the carpeting just take it out and let it air out on its own. That carpeting comes out easy.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s in the trunk...it`s a SMALL amount, but you know how bad gasoline is. As it is, I spilled some on myself and my clothes so I`m not sure how much is in the car and how much is on me. :ticked

It`s a small amount or the residue off the can (it tipped over in the trunk while driving). I`m gonna hit it with Fabreeze and some other stuff. No, I don`t want to remove the "carpeting" -- thin wool cover, actually -- from the rear, too much trouble.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HondaMan
    It`s in the trunk...it`s a SMALL amount, but you know how bad gasoline is. As it is, I spilled some on myself and my clothes so I`m not sure how much is in the car and how much is on me. :ticked

It`s a small amount or the residue off the can (it tipped over in the trunk while driving). I`m gonna hit it with Fabreeze and some other stuff. No, I don`t want to remove the "carpeting" -- thin wool cover, actually -- from the rear, too much trouble.
    Oh you sissy, that carpeting is only help on by like 4 plastic clips. 10 seconds and it will be out. You probably got some on the cardboard betweent hat and the spare tire as well so that might smell too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2001civicex
    Oh you sissy, that carpeting is only help on by like 4 plastic clips. 10 seconds and it will be out. You probably got some on the cardboard betweent hat and the spare tire as well so that might smell too.
    You`re right.... I can probably disconnect it and hit it with Fabreeze...if that don`t work, I keep some aftershave in my trunk for me, can always do double-duty!! :angel

Post Thanks / Like

You`re right.... I can probably disconnect it and hit it with Fabreeze...if that don`t work, I keep some aftershave in my trunk for me, can always do double-duty!! :angel
    Yeah, just soak it with that Aqua Velva. :lol

Post Thanks / Like

How`d you know that`s what I have??? You been peaking around in my trunk ??!!! :ticked

(not kidding, really DO have A-V in a zip-loc bag. So it doesn`t leak. Should have let the A-V leak and put the damn gasoline in the ziploc bag!! _

Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t Gas and Aqua Velva a combination for a bomb?

If you let it air out the smell should go away without adding anything else to it. I have had the same thing happen before and just opened the trunk for a couple hours.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

How`d you know that`s what I have??? You been peaking around in my trunk ??!!! :ticked

(not kidding, really DO have A-V in a zip-loc bag. So it doesn`t leak. Should have let the A-V leak and put the damn gasoline in the ziploc bag!! _
    HAHA! Good guess!

Thread Information