Post Thanks / Like

Abrasives in cleaner wax

Just wondering if anyone uses cleaner waxes in their business. Do you know what percentage of wax vs abrasive as a rule they have? I would guess less wax more of the bad stuff. so I would assume you would be removing any of the previous protection that was on the car if you use this product inbetween detail jobs. Gary
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gary,

Even though Bud claims they have no place in a pro`s kit I DO use a cleaner wax occasionally. For instance, under a hood. If the car is in decent shape but is a daily driver I am just cleaning up modestly I will use a cleaner wax under the hood to shine it up and remove any grime. I wouldnt do this on a show car but on an average sedan that isnt investing in a "show car" quality job it is ok in my opinion.

Another place cleaner wax is nice is on the parts around the door jambs and wheels. Most of the time these areas arent exposed to the waether but they are dirty and could use a little shine and a cleaner wax has always done it for me.
    One more place I use a cleaner wax is on fleet vehicles sometimes. I recently sold a local company a wash and wax for their fleet of work trucks. I quoted a price that got the job BUT was bottom dollar so I explained that for this price they got a wash and a cleaner wax. I then reasoned that for a certain ammount more per vehicle I could clay then use a pure wax. They opted for the cheap route (which I knew they would). I used One Grand Clean-n-Wax with my PC with a cutting pad on the lousy ones, a polishing pad for the better ones. Every vehicle turned out great and the customer raved!
    LOL I didnt tell the boss but I didnt use the cleaner wax on his truck though. I clayed, and used a coat of Klasse AIO followed by a coat of Insulator. lol He noticed that his looked the best and I told him I went a little farther for him and he promised to have me back in a few months to keep the fleet looking great. Another stisfied customer!

As far as the cleaners in the wax I dont know about the ratio compared to the wax. I use the One Grand because I am in love with the company for making Blitz and I have started buying the Clean-n-Wax by the gallon for a decent price. If I want a better shine I top it with Blitz and it looks nice.

Hehe Bud hates it when I disagree with him but at times a cleaner wax is great for a pro! I wouldnt use it on a Porsche but on a fleet of delivery trucks its ok!

John

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I agree. As professionals, it is our job to make the client happy and the fact is that some people don`t want to shell out $$$ for what they consider to be "not necessary". That is a good example with the fleet trucks. I am proud to admit that I am a Pro and DO carry cleaner wax in my "bag O tricks".
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! Makes sense to me>
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheCompleteLook
    I agree. As professionals, it is our job to make the client happy and the fact is that some people don`t want to shell out $$$ for what they consider to be "not necessary". That is a good example with the fleet trucks. I am proud to admit that I am a Pro and DO carry cleaner wax in my "bag O tricks".
    I completely agree. 90% of the people who go to a professional to have their cars `waxed` simply don`t understand the entire detailing process & the need for 3 or 4 different products "just to wax" a car. They are the ones who think that a can of Turtle Wax and a couple of rags are all you really need. They are also the ones who "freak" when they see the results of a `real` detailing on their own cars (didn`t think you could make THAT MUCH of a difference).

Most of them will never `get it` (understand) and for them, a cleaner wax topped by a low-grade carnuaba is "The Ultimate" wax job. So for them a bottle of Meguiars or Mothers cleaner wax and maybe a can of #26 Yellow wax is all that`s needed. (Even if afterwards you`re looking at the car thinking..."I`t ain`t done yet")
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Don I know what you mean. I get people everyday asking for a "wash and wax". I then look at the car and I laugh when I see what they really need! lol I wax doesnt touch what they should have me do.

Many times I will sell a "wash and wax" job but I will do much more than just wipe some wax on it and when they see it they are so impressed and THEN I tell them I did much more and that next time they should consider letting me polish the paint and seal it for an extra price for the ultimate look and many times they go for it. They just have no concept of what they are asking for when they bring the car in. lol

John

Boss_429
    I pretty much agree with what`s been said here. Good cleaner waxes have their place in any detailers tool kit. However, I`m not a real big fan of "over-use" of cleaner waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my detailing center is still just getting off the ground, what do you guys recommend as an all in one cleaner/ wax?
    Selling detailing is an interesting propostion. You`re absolutely right about people having no idea what you mean when you use the term DETAILING. I`ve started taking before and after pix of customer cars, and we will be posting them in the sitting area. I like the idea of doing "a little extra" as a means to an upsell for their next visit.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as far as products go I have used a few different cleaners waxes I like. For an all around best I would say Klasse AIO is the easiest one step product I have EVER used. Goes on easy and wipes off even easier. Its amazing how little it takes with a damp micro-fiber applicator. I dont feel its the most durable stuff alone but as a prep for a carnauba topper or a sealant its awesome. If the job calls for a simple wash and wax its good for that too.

I buy alot from One Grand (the Blitz wax people) and they make a clean-n-wax by the gallon I like. Its a fav of mine since I love the Blitz people! lol

If your in a fix and need some real quick the Mothers cleaner wax bought at an auto parts store isnt a bad product. I have also used both 3M light and medium cleaner waxes and they are ok but not real easy to wipe off sometimes. The Mothers is alot better for an over the counter product.

John

Boss_429
    I would highly recommend Coats Cherry Wet Wax for a cleaner/wax for a pro detailer. It goes on and comes off easy, has an great shine, and is priced right for a pro (around $20 for a gallon).

Natty uses the CWW frequently, and can give you more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone on another forum does this:

When someone asks for a plain wash and wax, they give them that on the whole car, except on the hood, which they do a full treatment. That gives the customer a benchmark for comparison and is an incentive for them to get the whole car done.

Thread Information