Thread: waxing question

Post Thanks / Like

waxing question

i just got some body panels painted. i did the body work my self so i just gave my paing guy the individual pieces. he painted them cleared them and they were baked @180 degrees for 1.5 hours. im thinking the paint is cured enough that i can detail the whole car. my question is that am i ok to polish/wax the car since the new paint was baked. and which products to use. thanks all, in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: waxing question

Check out this thread. Polishing should be OK but check with the paint guy about waxing.
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8319

Post Thanks / Like

thanks i was just making sure it was ok since he told me it was ok to wax. on another note what would be reccomended for the amateur detailer for clay/polish/wax. im also going to want to get rid of some swirl marks on my roof.

Proud Resident Of Detail City scottabi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Claying is VERY easy to do for a beginner(clay magic from pepboys comes with lube). I would probably tell someone to try out Megs Scratch-X and a terry towel (if they dont have a D/A machine) to remove marring.
    If they have a D/A machine I would suggest soemthing like the 1Z line of polishes. IMHO they are THE easiest to start learning how to polish, they are very forgiving and produce very nice results. Second choice would be PB`s polishes.
    Wax of choice - a very begginer I would suggest a wax that is wipe on wipe off---S100, TS, Ex-p-EX, all come to mind as easy to use (souveran if you got a nice dark colored car and dont mind spending a few bucks for a wax.)

Post Thanks / Like

well im notg a beginner lol!! but im no expert either. i have detailed my and many other cars. claying is a no brainer. but what waxes and polishes should i use to get that wet deep look. i used to use the mequiers 3 step system but i want to try somthing different. so i guess i shoutnt have said amateur but intermediate detailer.

Thread Information