Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Different drying techs.

I use a synthetic type chamois, followed by a MF towel. Works great. Chamois picks up most of the water, and also will get rid of waterspots that may have dried before I could get to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrub
    I`ve had good luck using the leaf blower from my shop vac. I then use my WW to remove the remaining water. This speeds up the drying process as I don`t have to wring out my WW at all (drying my Avalanche). Additionally the leaf blower gets the areas where water builds up and drips while I`m trying to polish and wax (door trim, handles, side mirrors...).

One more thing I`ve noticed is if I move the WW slowly across the paint it picks up more water. I usually just turbo dry though.

Hope you find this helpful
    I use leaf blower, as well. My neighbors give me infinite grief....kidding me about "blow drying" my car. But hey, it works great!

Post Thanks / Like

Waffle weave mfs, a car dryer/leaf blower all the way . I threw out my Absorbers a while ago.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

will the absorber scratch the clearcoat or leave webbing in it? I prefer to use mine, I have one that is about a year old and its as soft as my microfiber towel. I also have one that has only been used for 10 times and there is night and day difference between the 2. Maybe they just need to be washed several times :dunno
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use to use the Absorber as well. Although it definitely does a good job of removing water, I do think that the risk of scratching/marring is much higher than with a Waffle Weave microfiber towel.

This is because the Absorber (which I believe is made from some type of rubber) does not have any "nap" in which to hide/trap/remove small pieces of dirt, like the WW towels do. As such, if the Absorber goes over a piece of dirt, you are much more likely to cause scratches. The WW gives you a chance of avoiding that, since the nap can trap the dirt and prevent it from scratching the surface.

Never use much pressure when drying your car (with a WW, Absorber, or anything else for that matter).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information