Post Thanks / Like

Are all mf`s created equal?

Does anybody have their favorites as far as mf`s go or are they all pretty much the same? I`ve been using the cheap ones form WM but I think they are starting to cause a little marring. I don`t know if it`s because they`re too old or if it`s because they`re cheap. What are some recommendations for some good yet reasonably priced towels?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are all mf`s created equal?

I like SMPs Mega Plush for wax/sealant removal. WCDs towels are an awesome deal as well, use for interior and QDing. SMP also has some very nice WW. Waiting to checkout Pakshak and Excel Details towels when I get some more money.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

No, not all MF`s are created equal. I use the cheapos from Wal-Mart also, but just for stuff like doorjambs, wheels, etc. For paint my favorites so far have come from Pakshak and Patrick at Excel Detail. For drying you can`t beat a WW (waffle weave) MF. Here are links if you want to check them out:

http://www.exceldetail.com/

http://www.pakshak.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Definetly not ! You`ll probably find limited manufacturers, I would imagine theres probably not more than a dozen reputable mfg`s that process them, be it China or Korea. Some are 70/30, 80/20, 75/25. Some have more fibers PSI. Some are too plush for most needs, although they feel "cool" and are marketed as super duper plush, it can be overkill for your particular needs, and wont meet your expectations. You kind of have to take the words from the people who have used them. Reputation, product, customer service, and shipping all should factor in when selecting your polishing towel, heck, all detailing products should.
    Happy detailing....
    When it`s you car, every detail matters...........

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

I like these Miracle MF towels from CMA, there`s a 2 for 1 sale right now
    http://www.properautocare.com/miracletowel.html

Also these Miracle MF towels from autogeek 3 for $16.95 less 10% DC discount: http://www.autogeek.net/mt1000t.html

I tried some towels from Winner`s Circle & they`re very nice but not as plush as the Miracle towels.

Wal-Mart MF are good for going windows, wheels, and some interior dusting but I wouldn`t use them on paint

just my $.02
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an interesting experience a few days ago. A distinguished fellow brought in his Cadillac for a complete detail and was unusally interested in my stacks of MF towels. Turns out he his marketing manager for Calderon, a division of Celadon, a huge, locally based holding company. They are the largest mfg and importer of MF textiles in the world!

They have seven plants in four countries! He sells/supplies direct to mass merchandisers like Target, Costco, Sam`s, et al. When he picked up his car, he brought me samples (36!) of a variety of very cool MF items, most of which have not hit the market. For example, a grey, 12x12 `perforated` towel for bug removal... and a `painted` MF that boasts supreme absorbability.

BTW, he supplies 58% of the world`s cruise lines with all of their Towel needs! Princess Lines use big, plush MF towels for all their poolside needs, because they dry 80% faster!

Fascinating conversation. Seems they make towels at many different levels of quality and plushness. As I begin to try the samples, I`ll post some opinions...

BTW, he is only interested in selling in HUGE volume, not to me directly, so I take his input seriously. He is interested in feedback from `our level`.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jim: Very interesting on the MF`s, I`m looking forward to reading your impressions of the towels, especially of any with new technology like the bug cleaning or painted towel
    Later ......

Mike

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any word yet on the different towels/quality?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information