Post Thanks / Like

A Couple More Questions

I have been a member of DC for a couple of weeks and I am addicted. Everyday after work I find myself reading all the new threads and even the ones i have already read, again. I was wondering what the best way to polish the A-Pillar is? Can you use the PC? Also i tried using an engine detail regimen i read about and the only thing i wasn`t happy with was the corosion on the heat shield over the manifold, i was wondering if there is any way to get rid of this. Thanks for all the help everyone and keep writing so I can keep reading

Thanks Jon

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Couple More Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmontgom
    I was wondering what the best way to polish the A-Pillar is? Can you use the PC? Also i tried using an engine detail regimen i read about and the only thing i wasn`t happy with was the corosion on the heat shield over the manifold, i was wondering if there is any way to get rid of this.
    On my vehicles, the PC is used everywhere it will fit. If I can`t fit it into an area, I use a foam hand applicator.
    Engines won`t always clean up like we would like them to. You might try some 0000 steel wool and some cleaner wax or polish in a small area to see if the results are satisfactory. What is the heat shield made of?

Charles

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Couple More Questions

Just be careful of the window trim when polishing. Most polishes and some waxes will stain that trim if you get too sloppy. Painters tape is a good way to mask it off if you are concerned.

If your heat shield is just aluminum then you can sand it down and paint it. Or you can just sand it down. Usually they are cheap at the dealership if you want to replace it. You could probably find a junkyard one somewhere too. Just remember... having a clean engine makes you smooooooth with the ladies. :naughty

Thread Information