Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detailers ~ QEW??

the other week, ranney introduced me to QEW, something ive always wanted to try. anyways, i used it for the first time on my mom`s SUV, and i really loved it. i actually felt that it was lifting the dirt off of the vechile. first things first, am i doing this correctly?

1. 2 oz QEW to 2 gallons of water
    2. i used 2 sheepskin wash mitts, one was for the "dirtier" part of the car, the other for the cleaner part
    3. like always, i had a rinse bucket for my mitts
    4. i used some liquid, but not too much. a moderate amount of liquid
    5. i dried the car with a waffle weave after about every two panels
    6. after i was finished using QEW, i continued by throwing my wash mitts in the washer
    for this part, i pretty much followed that thing that was on autopia...

anyways, getting back to the subject, i was wondering..... do you mobile detailers use QEW? this weekend im gonna detail my friend`s car at his house, but the problem is, his house is always getting hit by direct sunlight from morning to evening. my plan is just to use some QEW in his garage.

another question. after using QEW, is it safe to clay your car with a lube? for my mom`s car, my process was...

QEW
    menzerna FP II
    rejex sealent (maybe ill do a review on this sometime soon)

i didnt really feel like claying because i had clayed it a month ago. but the point being, its totally sfae to clay after QEW rite? thanks

finally..... i was computing all of this before i went to bed, and heres what i came out with. a gallon of QEW costs about $45 (shipping included). assuming you used about 2 oz of QEW per wash, a gallon of QEW = 64 washes. so that theoretically means, you can wash a car for less than $1.00 and still manage to cut a profit. im still decided wether to buy a gallon of QEW or not. im really starting to fall in love with this product, tho i would have a hard time using it on my dad`s car... i would probably use it on every other car however....... thanks for your help!
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailers ~ QEW??

Brief question, why wouldn`t you want to wash your dad`s car with QEW?

I actually use QEW from time to time and I clay as I wash. You just need to make sure that you have enough wash on the car to serve as a lube. It works for me and I`ve been told that others use this method as well. QEW really is a great product, especially when there are water restrictions in your area or if you have to do a detail where you can`t have water access.

--
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also put some qew in your rinse bucket if your using that. Otherwise, you will end up diluting your main qew bucket.

You can wash with qew in the sun if needed. I think a little bit of sun helps a bit. Since your washing a pannel and wiping it right off, water spots wont start forming like they would with a regular wash.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Labster
    Brief question, why wouldn`t you want to wash your dad`s car with QEW?

I actually use QEW from time to time and I clay as I wash. You just need to make sure that you have enough wash on the car to serve as a lube. It works for me and I`ve been told that others use this method as well. QEW really is a great product, especially when there are water restrictions in your area or if you have to do a detail where you can`t have water access.

my dad`s car is black, and if im just planning to wash and put some canuba on, i dont want any accidental marring......

as for the rinse bucket technique, am i doin it wrong. i alwaysd try to make srue that i squeeze out all of the water before putting it back into the QEW bucket
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

--
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zesty-man
    as for the rinse bucket technique, am i doin it wrong. i alwaysd try to make srue that i squeeze out all of the water before putting it back into the QEW bucket

That method is fine. If you wanted to be lazy and not have to wring out the mitt as much... they you would need qew in both buckets. Otherwise your fine

Post Thanks / Like

Whats QEW I`ve looked in the acronym list bur can`t find it.Im not a professional and pretty much a :newbie here but this sound like something I`d like to do to maintain my :car

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Mobile detailers ~ QEW??

Quote Originally Posted by lmnmarang
    Whats QEW I`ve looked in the acronym list bur can`t find it.Im not a professional and pretty much a :newbie here but this sound like something I`d like to do to maintain my :car
    Here you go
    Quick & Easy Wash
    http://www.protectall.com/qe.aspx
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

I love using QEW. It makes for a quick, clean job. I also love how it leaves NO residue. If you are maintaining a finish, then your slickness will last to it`s full potential.

For clay lube, I put a capful (.25-.50 oz) into a 24 oz spray bottle and the rest water. I think it works great, but I will be trying this method with PB`s new wash once I receive.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using this product to clean the rims and tires? What about the fender wells.
    I Mobil Detail and can`t see how this can be good if your doing a complete detail or just a wash and wax. Im setup to Detail anywhere. I have a 100gal. tank. Genrator and pressure washer. I think it would be alot of xtra work if you didnt have a water supply. JMO.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Post Thanks / Like

Ron: I do the paint first, then glass. Lastly I do the rims, tires, and wells (soap and clean, then rinse with the QEW pad (old one)). I have great success with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you do this only on your personal car or customers cars.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Post Thanks / Like

Ron: Both. I test all products/procedures on my vehicle`s before using on any customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!I just ordered some AOI and UPP,since QEW has carnuba in it is it ok to use with UPP.In other words will I be able to go back and put another coat of UPP on without having to use AOI again? :dunno

I love these smiles

Post Thanks / Like

Im just having a problem geting my head around this idea. I can rember when I was a kid and my dad would spend two or three years building a Hot Rod. He would do every thing running gear, body and paint, color sand and polish. The cars were show quality. Then he would never wash them. Just use a 5gal. bucket and a chamois to wipe them off. man you should have seen the scraches. Ive tried to change his ways but he still is doing it 25 years later. :nono Im glad I live in another state now.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Post Thanks / Like

lmnmarang: No carnauba or additives like that in QEW. Its a very lubricated wash that leaves no residue.

Ron: I understand your problem. I thought the same thing before I did it. However, I just add an ounce or two of QD to increase the lubricity even more. It is definatley safe and I wouldn`t use it unless it was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information