Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailers ~ QEW??

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Ron: I understand your problem. I thought the same thing before I did it. However, I just add an ounce or two of QD to increase the lubricity even more. It is definatley safe and I wouldn`t use it unless it was
    :yeah
    I was also leery about using QEW, but so many experienced detailers reported good results that I decided to give it a try. If it didn`t work, I wouldn`t use it anymore. However, it does seem to work as long as you use some common sense and a few tricks of the trade. I use the two bucket method, but I put QEW into each bucket. I didn`t like the results when just using plain water in the rinse bucket. It just didn`t seem slick enough after a few panels, so I assumed that the plain rinse water was diluting the QEW wash water with each dip of the mitt. If the car is filthy, you may need to empty out and refill your buckets with fresh solution once or twice. The same goes for your mitts and drying towels. If they start to look dirty, go get a fresh one. I also like to do a pre-soak by spraying the entire vehicle with Spray & Wipe and letting it soak for a few minutes. This really loosens up the dirt, so QEW has less work to do. I plan to try adding an ounce of S&W to each bucket this winter to see if that will increase lubricity even more. After drying off the QEW, I`ll sometimes finish up with a QD spray to pick up any remaining residue.

Note: I still prefer to do a traditional hose/bucket wash whenever feasible, but QEW is a good substitute when the weather or location do not allow for a traditional wash.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the input guys! i think ill go ahead and get that gallon of QEW from ranney
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

I`m new to QEW and like it so far. I found the cooler online for a whopping $27. I think I`ll stick to buckets unless anyone else has found a multi compartment bucket out there?

Aloha,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ron`s
    Im just having a problem geting my head around this idea. I can rember when I was a kid and my dad would spend two or three years building a Hot Rod. He would do every thing running gear, body and paint, color sand and polish. The cars were show quality. Then he would never wash them. Just use a 5gal. bucket and a chamois to wipe them off. man you should have seen the scraches. Ive tried to change his ways but he still is doing it 25 years later. :nono Im glad I live in another state now.
    yeah, I`m with you Ron. It`s hard to get my head around the idea. I mean, I don`t doubt it works because I have it and have used it. But it is a lot more time consuming than the way I would normally wash a car. That`s the part I don`t get. I would rather wash quickly and efficiently, than take more time. Time is always $$.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information