Post Thanks / Like

Any body want to be a mentor?

I`ve been hanging around here for a while, and posted some under a different name (can`t remember it for the life of me now). You guys all seem to be very knowledgeable. I`m 17 and I was hoping I could find an experienced detailer who would be willing to mentor me on starting a detailing business. I have good skills when it comes to detailing, although there not as good as they could be. The main thing I need help with is the business side, finding clients, budgeting, etc... I`ve been detailing for one small dealer for about a year, (usually just 2 or 3 cars a week) and a few personal clients, but I really want to expand, make that need to expand, and I have very little money for advertising. any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Wesley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Wesley! Fianlly I see another person from AL. Where are you located at?

Oh, and welcome to DC!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m located in baileyton, a rural community about 15 miles outside of cullman, in north central alabama. You?

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to learning alot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, here are my tips for you. The hardest part about starting a business is to figure out what services you are going to offer and then get the supplies you need to start. The rest kind of works itself out. Read that article and see if it answers any questions for you. It might cause you to think of some new ones. In that case, post away. Really general questions like "How do I do everything" are hard to answer. That article is my answer to the question. Perhaps you can narrow it down to asking about how to do different steps of the process. However you do it, I`m sure that Detail City will be here to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    I`m located in baileyton, a rural community about 15 miles outside of cullman, in north central alabama. You?

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to learning alot.
    Depends on where I`m needed really. Most of the time I am in Birmingham sometimes in Montgomery. I moved back here after college/travelling to be with family, who live in Oxford. Read up on the OCDetails article. Jngrbrdman breaks it down in layman`s terms and he is very approachable as far as questions go. If you think I could be of any help to you PM or Email me anytime. Oh, and hang around a while. You`ll get the bug sooner than you think.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate it, Jngrbrdman the article was a big help. I`m gonna keep hanging around and learning. Thanks again!

Wes

Thread Information