Thread: Mobile vs. Shop

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile vs. Shop

I currently run a mobile detailing business that is a little over 1 year old. Biz has been great, and the cost to run it is mnimal, however I`ve been wondering about maybe renting out a bay or two for the winter. Would this even work for a detailer that is already known as mobile? I`m afraid that very few of my clients would be able to drop off vehicles now that they are so used to me coming to them. How does pickup and drop off work for those that offer that service? I mean, I may not do this at all and just tough it out again through the winter with a closed tent and forced air heater, but controlled enviroment is so enticing.

ABCDetail

Post Thanks / Like
    ABCDetail, where are you located. I`ve done the whole pick-up and drop off thing and it works pretty well. I usually have the customer drop the car off and then I give them a ride to work. Then at the end of the day either I or my wife pick up the customer and bring them back to their car. Some times I even drop them off with their own car. I have a few clients with a Porsche 911, Porsche Cyenne Turbo, a few Audi S4`s and TT`s that like me to drive them to work in their cars and I never say NO! They are car nuts and so am I so they love to show off their jewels. I picked up a 2 bay garage for a reasonable price and found a few dealerships to do work for just to keep the rent paid and keep me busy for the winter. Hope this helps a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Build it into their preferences I say. How goes the detailing? Autumn is coming, end of the sun! Check your PM btw

Post Thanks / Like
    vdubbya;
    I`m located in NC, where winters aren`t too harsh. I deal with so many people who are always on the run, guess thats why I`m leary of using a shop.

Woob;
    Detailing is going great bud, got a ton of pictures to upload for ya`ll to see, just haven`t had the time. Thats why I haven`t been on lately, and I can`t wait for fall, perfect detailing weather here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I work out of my garage and love the controled area rather than being under a canvas tent. I run a pickup and delivery and most all really like that. However I do think that you can get more business from a moblie as some I`d bet would rather not have you drive there car
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information