Thread: im bored

Post Thanks / Like

im bored

I detailed everyones car and now I dont have anyone left. The few that I did are very happy with the results.but know theres no on left. Im not expensive 75 dollars for what ever it take to get the job done but everyone I ask says no im not paying you to clean my car. How do you guys get customers nothing special I just want to do maybe 1 or 2 cars a week. I enjoy detailing and I feel why not make some money doing it. is 75 dollars to much for wash clay swirl removal polish sealant. 25 dollars for interior.
    My biggest challenge is trying not to wash my car. Is that a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    $75 is way too cheap if you ask me! And $25 for interiors?!?!?! You are killing yourself!
    it all depends on your location and type of people in your area though.

Post Thanks / Like
    1) A good way to figure how much to charge is time yourself for each thing. Do a complete interior, check the time. Do a complete exterior, check the time. When you are done figure out how long it took you for each x what you want to make an hour = what you should charge. Starting out, $20 -$25 an hour should be right in line. Some add gas/materials into their pricing, since I`m starting out I haven`t gotten that technical.

2) Call around and find out what others are charging, best and easiest way to figure where your pricing is.

3) Get a small vinyl sign made for your car.

4) Get out and solicit... If you don`t have a full time job, treat promoting like a full time job! This morning I didn`t have an appointment and spent 5 hours soliciting biz from various locations...

5) Follow up calling

Post Thanks / Like
    Well It`s a #`s game the more people you talk to the more business you will pick up. Of course this does take alot of people for every 1 detail... Keep trying maybe put a add in the paper the key is though keep talking to people about what you do...

PS $75 dollars is way to cheap People might think you do lousy work for only $75 dollars in my experience I have lost work to more expensive places just becuase they thought it would come out better... i price differently now and business is steady...

Good Luck

Jay
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    don`t forget about your appearence. Are you dressing like a detailer that means business..first impessions mean alot. Th epeople that don`t know you are going to look at your appearence and judge your detailing skills accordingly..I`m not telling you what to do or that you got to cut your hair...lol..
    I`ve had customers tell me that they don`t go with guys who`s vehicles are dirty..

So, try to be neat and dress like you been doing it for years..good luck..
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like
    about dressing.

now when doing a look over wearing a polo with matching shorts or pants for the look over i can understand. but when im actually doing the detailing work i wear nylon/ cotton shorts and a cotton shirt my self.

is that what you mean by what to wear?

Post Thanks / Like
    where are you located in Queens?

Thread Information