Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again! I`m going to put a coat of wax on my car every week or whenever I want because I like a nice shiney car. I do not worry about bonding,durability curing or how many feathers an osprey has. When the weather starts to turn cold I slap on sealants exclusively. Until then people, wax till your heart is content and don`t worry about curing, bonding, durability.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to look at this thread only because of the action it was getting. NICK....BOSS is all over you about spamming. I`ve read it in a couple of different threads. I for one support the products of this site because they are about good as any on the market and KEEP!! this site running of which I like. I`m not saying that all the products that I use come from here but I rarely if at all suggest any thing else but what is sold here. I would suggest the same of you or you might be looking for another place
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    I had to look at this thread only because of the action it was getting. NICK....BOSS is all over you about spamming. I`ve read it in a couple of different threads. I for one support the products of this site because they are about good as any on the market and KEEP!! this site running of which I like. I`m not saying that all the products that I use come from here but I rarely if at all suggest any thing else but what is sold here. I would suggest the same of you or you might be looking for another place
    Hmmm, sounds a little ( actually a lot! ) "censored" to me. If you are happy to push predominantly DC sponser products Beemerboy then thats cool, but to force that ideology on everyone else is plain out of line IMO. If others want to suggest non sponser products then why cant they? People can read and take recommendations as they like without having these limitations imposed upon them.

Its disappointing that this thread ended the way it has, unfortunately a lot of threads with "highly debatable and non defined answers" like these do. The discussion was spirited and knowledge was being shared, but a few took things a little personally and then it went down-hill pretty quickly.
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Fury

Sorry that you feel that way but if Dwayne or FUzz was here I`d have to bet that they would feel about the same. If Adams is a great porduct and I"m sure they are then maybe Nick can talk them inot a sponosrship for here. I`m not trying to start a fight FURY just protect this site from spamming.

Thanks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Beemerboy in this case.
    It is fine to push a product from someone who isn`t a sponser here providing that you are not going to receive benefit from it.
    In Nick`s resume he states that he is a product promoter for Adams Polishes.
    This site was created and paid for by others so that all of us can increase our knowledge and skills at detailing.
    The bottom line is respect for the sponsers and each other.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    It is fine to push a product from someone who isn`t a sponser here providing that you are not going to receive benefit from it.
    In Nick`s resume he states that he is a product promoter for Adams Polishes.
    Yea, that`s where there is a conflict of interest. I didn`t know that Nick was/is somehow connected with Adam`s; I figured he was just another happy user. Now his promoting is very shillish and makes me question anything he`s ever said about any product. IMHO, he should have been more upfront about his connection. In fact, in April, he claimed claimed that, "I do not work for Adam`s, nor am I a distributor of their products." That may be true, but....

I don`t think there should be a problem with discussing brands other than what is sold through Autogeek, PAC, or SMP. We`re here to learn and make the most from our limited time detailing. If there is a product that is not sold at the above places that works better than what is sold at the above places, I would be very disappointed to not hear about it due to the almighty dollar.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Alright people. I didn`t want to write this, but I`m going to anyway. First, I don`t see how Nick is spamming. The same thing could be said about you to a point. You said that you rarely if at all suggest anything else but what is sold on detail city. This is why I usually post on other detailing sites when it comes to product selection because I find sometimes this site favors its vendor`s. (note I said sometimes) Before you all get mad at me this can be a positive thing. Since a lot of people on this site use Poorboy`s products or other products from the vendor`s here, you people usually have the most input since you use the products so much. I agree that this site has great sponsors and products as I use Poorboy`s and other products, but there`s more to detailing than just the products on this site.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by perry
    I would be very disappointed to not hear about it due to the almighty dollar.
    That has NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ever.... whew! :naughty

That has NEVER been an issue here at Detail City EVER!!!!!

No member that HONESTLY wants to help another member has ever had to worry about mentioning a product or detailing tool here at Detail City that isn`t sold by a sponsor.

Let that be heard around the world! Let all my ladies tell all my brothers not to be deceived!

BUT! There is NO FREE ADVERTISING AT DC! That is easy to figure out.

If Joe Blow uses a products, gets good results and wants to share then BRING ON THE GOOD NEWS BABY!!!

BUT! If Joe is a rep, is buddies with the president of the company, makes the product or profits in any way then we HAVE A PROBLEM.

It is that simple and yes, I`m THAT SMOOOOOOOTH.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6cyl`s_of_fury
    Its disappointing that this thread ended the way it has, unfortunately a lot of threads with "highly debatable and non defined answers" like these do. The discussion was spirited and knowledge was being shared, but a few took things a little personally and then it went down-hill pretty quickly.
    I agree! People need to lower their guard, and respect everyones opinions and quit being so defensive.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by III
    Alright people. I didn`t want to write this, but I`m going to anyway. First, I don`t see how Nick is spamming. The same thing could be said about you to a point. You said that you rarely if at all suggest anything else but what is sold on detail city. This is why I usually post on other detailing sites when it comes to product selection because I find sometimes this site favors its vendor`s. (note I said sometimes) Before you all get mad at me this can be a positive thing. Since a lot of people on this site use Poorboy`s products or other products from the vendor`s here, you people usually have the most input since you use the products so much. I agree that this site has great sponsors and products as I use Poorboy`s and other products, but there`s more to detailing than just the products on this site.
    I don`t favor any vendors. I just watch out for trolls and spammers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    That has NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ever.... whew! :naughty

That has NEVER been an issue here at Detail City EVER!!!!!

No member that HONESTLY wants to help another member has ever had to worry about mentioning a product or detailing tool here at Detail City that isn`t sold by a sponsor.

Let that be heard around the world! Let all my ladies tell all my brothers not to be deceived!

BUT! There is NO FREE ADVERTISING AT DC! That is easy to figure out.

If Joe Blow uses a products, gets good results and wants to share then BRING ON THE GOOD NEWS BABY!!!

BUT! If Joe is a rep, is buddies with the president of the company, makes the product or profits in any way then we HAVE A PROBLEM.

It is that simple and yes, I`m THAT SMOOOOOOOTH.
    If anyone doesn`t understand what I said in this post, I suggest that you read it again over and over until you understand it. This thread is closed and I don`t want to hear any `````ing about my decision at all.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Whether a post is considered spam or not is entirely the choice of the owners of the site.
    2. I`m not sure that I have seen what I would call blatant spamming, but that`s just my thought and it is certainly not my decision.
    3. I rarely refer people to other sites just out of respect for the sponsors here.
    4. This post is no longer entertaining to me.

One of the great things about DC has always been the friendly demeanor of members. For some reason, this post has really brought out some comments that eren`t exactly friendly. That bothers me more than just a little. Very possibly, some of the comments weren`t intended to be quite as antagonistic as they sound to me. Maybe someone was having a bad day, but they were made and that doesn`t seem to me to be a good thing.
    Debate about products is great. It is good for the site.
    Personal attacks are not great and not good for the site.

Maybe we could get back to discussing products and processes and forget about bashing each other.
    To me, the place to take those type of disageements is to the PM area and not the main board.
    :dunno
    Charles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information