Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, we`ve all blown off the steam now. This thread has raised some good points on some `controversial` issues. Let`s please keep the personal comments to PM`s or email...that`s not asking too much. Let`s have a good Friday guys!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s definitey a difference between disagreeing and disagreeing and being cynical about your response. Stupid statements like, "It seems you, Adam`s, and his chemist have it all pretty much covered anyhow, and certainly don`t need me around at DC anymore." It just comes off as being a smarta$$.

Talk about the first paragraph then Dave, and disagree with it. Apparently you know all about it already, so correct me in a proper way. Question my credentials too then. Frankly, you`ve known me more than many of the people here on DC and have seen what I have done. The statement about Adam and his chemist I find humorous. While his chemist knows quite a bit about the science behind the products, that is 1 of 6 he has. Also, I`ve learned more from other companies than I have from those two. I said before, This is just what I have "heard" from the experts I have talked to, and I haven`t had one of them say something different until this thread.

I would encourage you to call Top of the Line and speak to Irene (that "some" expert) to get to the bottom of that subject. It seems as if it`s burned a spot on you and you need to hear it from the same person I did. www.topoftheline.com

As for the respect thing, I`m just disappointed that it came from you. Why has DC been so popular? Because everyone has respected each other. When people disagree, they don`t run off telling everybody they`re right and he`s wrong, and then make smarta$$ remarks about it. I never asked for your respect, nor should anyone have to, something like that is earned (or lost).
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Jared, I was in the middle of that post before I read yours.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I like threads like this. We all disagree from time to time and when the dust setlles, we clear the air and take a deep breath. We can all agree to disagree and be friends in the end. I have no doubt that this will occur here. The best part is that we will know more about one another and our cars will still be shinny!! :-p

Group hug!!

Now lets talk some more about wax. :cool
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to be very careful here and tread lightly. I would just add that for me, I hate to wash and not put on a coat of sealant or wax. And that is even if I did so just last weekend. And most weekends I put one coat on Saturday and then a second coat on Sunday.

Well, having said that, this works for me because I know so little and it makes me feel really good thinking I`m adding protection, even though in the back of my mind, I acknowledge that maybe I`m not - I just simply do not know. But it makes me feel good. So I tell myself that the second coat is likely to add at least a little more protection. Perhaps my ignorance in such matters is more of a blessing to me than a curse or hinderance.

I spend a lot of money and time and then have the weather kick my butt by raining of me and pollen and dust settling on the vehicle. So I tell myself, yea, but when my baby is 12 years old and I clean it up and it still looks so good then, well, this is part of what I`m working towards and what also makes me feel good.

So, in the end, I do this because it makes me feel good. For me, this is the greatest and most indisputable fact of all!

I realize that I`ve not contributed in any way to an answer to any questions in this thread, but perhaps I may have contributed to the bottom line here in that the bottom line may just be that we are protecting our vehicles - in that we can be confident - and we are achieving satisfaction and enjoyment. From that point on, let the waters be muddied just a bit - they are still cool waters in which to swim.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kee! How did I know you were going to post?
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rabbi
    Hey Kee! How did I know you were going to post?
    Because you know that "I`m the cure for the summertime blues"!!

Or it could be that I`m as transparent as a good sealant!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m stayin` out it Keeman!LOL!
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by keeotee
    So, in the end, I do this because it makes me feel good. For me, this is the greatest and most indisputable fact of all!
    Absolutely Scott, you couldn`t have said it better. It`s a reward and a curse for getting into the technological aspects of this HOBBY we enjoy. You can Charles made me look at this thread in a different matter, and I sure appreciate it. This will be good to reflect on when I am detailing tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
    Nick Carberry

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    So far this thread has been quite entertaining.
    And you people have me to thank . On a serious note, everyone has there opinions and such and I appreciate every comment so far. Have we come to an agreement on things? Probably not, as I`m more confused to a point now then I was when I started this post. Nick says that carnaubas cure where forrest says not really. I repect both people as both have valid points and credentials.

My original question was for those who layer carnauba products, do you wait to layer? If so, how long. Note I said FOR THOSE WHO LAYER, as I understand that some people believe that carnaubas don`t layer. I guess my question could be asked this way: Do carnaubas cure like polymers? Anyhow thanks for all the responses so far.
    Last edited by III; 09-10-2004 at 03:44 PM.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to put some wax on my cars tomorrow and slap another one on weekly until it`s time for my infamous "Winterization Protection Plan". Why weekly? Cuz I like clean and shiney cars!
    "I`m staying out of it."

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nickc0844
    One thing is for sure, I`m not a Chemical Engineer.
    You mean Chemist...

Chem E`s are just plumbers :-p

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by III
    And you people have me to thank . On a serious note, everyone has there opinions and such and I appreciate every comment so far. Have we come to an agreement on things? Probably not, as I`m more confused to a point now then I was when I started this post. Nick says that carnaubas cure where forrest says not really. I repect both people as both have valid points and credentials.
    Now now, don`t you start a thread about zaino k, haha

My original question was for those who layer carnauba products, do you wait to layer? If so, how long. Note I said FOR THOSE WHO LAYER, as I understand that some people believe that carnaubas don`t layer. I guess my question could be asked this way: Do carnaubas cure like polymers? Anyhow thanks for all the responses so far.
    For me, I usually wait 24-48 hours when I do another coat of carnaubas .
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to stir things, but did we get an answer? :dunno
    Or is it just do whats makes you feel good

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jaybs95
    Not to stir things, but did we get an answer? :dunno
    Or is it just do whats makes you feel good
    It doesn`t really seem that we did.
    Those that feel you can layer carnauba products seem to have different opinions on how long you should wait between applications. Some wait, some don`t.
    It wasn`t something I ever gave much thought, since any time I applied two coats/layers of S100. it was mostly to get the even coverage I mentioned before. Sometimes I did the second layer/coat immediately after the first. Sometimes it was a day or two later. Strictly a matter of how I felt at the time.
    I guess my personal feeling is that it won`t make much, if any, difference whether you wait or not.

Charles

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information