Post Thanks / Like

PB SSR2.5 and SSR1

I did a MB SUV over the weekend and this was the first time that I had a chance to use this on a swril city car. The SUV was dark blue a couple of years old and never been waxed and run threw those auto brush washes.

I clayed the car to start then used the 2.5 with a orange cutting pad. I think that I could have gone straight to P-W-C but wanted to see the effects of the SSR1. Used another cutting pad and that brought the finish back to almost swril free. Then a polishing pad with the P-W-C and that finish was wonderfull. I was going to top with a sealant but the finish looked great.

I think this will be my next combo for detailing. It goes fast and does a killer job is easy to work with.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PC or rotary?
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry PC, I think that the SR2.5 might be a bit to much for a rotary unless its a real bad car. This was was bad but not that over the top

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Boss_429
    I agree............ the SSR2.5, SSR2, and SSR1 are ideal products for use with a PC. That makes them ideal for both the weekend enthusiast, or the serious pro. I personally like to use the 2.5, or 2 with a polishing pad, and follow that with the SSR1 and a finishing pad with the PC set at 6!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you feel like you getg enough cut with a polishing pad BOSS? Seems to me that you want to have some cutting power in there for those first steps. The SSR1 was great it looked like the car was freshly waxed

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Boss_429
    Beemerboy,

Depends on the situation. I always start with the polishing pad when using a fairly abrasive product. I like to "control" the amount of cut I`m getting. If that requires going over the area again with the same product/pad because of the lack of cut, I will do it to have control of how much paint I`m cutting. Of course, if the area is bad, and the polishing pad isn`t doing the trick after two passes, I will certainly move to a more aggressive pad and/or product in a hurry!

Anyhow, I do approach it similar to the way you do............. there no sense in using a pad and/or product that is not "close" (or even slightly overkill) to what is required to do the job the first time. That`s a waste of time and product. After doing many, many, many vehicles, one can pretty much eyeball the condition of the paint, and with the knowledge of the pads and products, one can usually pick the right pad and product right off the bat. Still, once in a while you get a paint that surprises you. (like "hard" paint)

For the SSR1, I simply like the way the finishing pad, and the high speed of the PC adds gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree I can eye ball a car and come up with a product and pad combo almost every time. I am going to try the SSR1 on the wifes car next time with a polishing pad and see how that does. I did use a polishing pad with the P-W-C, should hav eused a finishing pad.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information