Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

hi newbie bimmer owner, want car to glow

Hi everyone,
    glad I found this forum, here`s my baby

I want to make the car super shine this weekend, it`s only 3 weeks old.
    I do have a budget and limited to what local auto store have.
    I was thinking of this process,
    wash with blue coral car wash, I did put a layer of Meguiar`s gold wax 2 weeks ago and my car doesn`t feel smooth anymore, then either glaze or polish the local Pepboys has some 3m polish, or should I glaze? what`s the difference? Then for a deep glow I`m debating to choose between these carnauba wax products,
    Mother`s, 3m, Waxshop superglaze, Meguire`s carnauba wax or even Meguiar`s NXT spray. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Niec car you can see that by my nmae. You should clay the car after the wash to lift anything that is on from shipping. That`s most likely why the cars still feel rough. Next I would polish or get an AIO like Klasse, the BNW dealership might have that one. Glazes are high gloss but offer no protection. I would think along the lines of a good paste wax after the AIO for a supe clean shine. White is a hard color to get super shinny but that should about do it...Also Welcome
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome

i 2 have a new car. ive had it for 2 weeks so far. and when i first started reading here i was thinking just what you where about getting off the shelf products. like i was for my previous car.

but after reading on here for a few days i ended up getting $300 + of new car care stuff just for this car. Now i have not finshed the exterior yet will tommrow. but the from usuing poorboys natural look and the 4 star leather cleaner and conditioner. the interior looks 10 times better then it did when i got it home i kid you not. i cant believe how much the softer the leather is. and how much the trim and seats have darkened.

all in all read read read read and then think about it look at some of the products at pac.com or other places then read more detailed stuff about what your intrested about. then post questions you have.

have fun and remember

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I never knew that getting a new car will come with an addiction to detailing....:naughty

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first time I ever washed,clayed polished,glazed and waxed I used Meg`s #9 Swirl Remover and Meg`s #7 ShowCar Glaze. I thought for not knowing what I was doing the car looked outstanding.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditch the Blue Coral IMO

Ok, start with a wash. Then clay. If you don`t know how to do this look at the sticky at the top of the page by Jngrbrdman. Since you have a new car you really don`t need to use a cleaner or polish, though you can if you want. I would suggest something with light abbrasives so you don`t take too much paint off. After this, you can apply a wax. If you want high gloss you can use a paint sealant. some examples are UPP (by Four Star), Ex or EX-P (both by poorboys) 2 layers will ensure good covering and a little more shine. More than this will be mostly a waste of product for an insignificant imporvemnt most people will say. If you want a deep, wet looking shine, you can cover the paint sealant with a carnuba. Not really necessary, but can look really good depending on your taste. Examples: Nattys(poorboys), s100 which you can pick up at a harley dealership, or even Mothers pure carnuba which you can find in store. There are more.

JUst went back and reread your thread. If you`re limited to local stores you can find good stuff but I suggest Premiumautocare.com Ok, Mothers has a clay kit and the carnuba I mentioned. NXT is good. Megs Gold class wash is good. Good luck and post pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks, so no glaze or shine? The car is new, will clay hurt the paint?

What about Zimol wax cleaner, is that good stuff?

I will do post pics Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    May want to try Zaino on white. I tried in on my white Lexus and it gave it a wet glossy look. MPPP also looked pretty good on white, and you can get it at local auto stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    DJ`s way...this is KUT_AUDI from the e46fanatics board...glad you found your way to some of the detailing boards... As always you can hit me up if you`ve got any further questions.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    So for sure clay the car? Even though it`s brand new? If I glaze the car what will that do? Which wax product should I use?
    Mother`s carnauba or Zymol cleaner wax or 3m wax, or NXT or WaxShop Superglaze? Does it matter if I use paste or liquid?

Can I spray detailer spray after I`m done on top of the wax?

And where`s the search button on this forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, clay the car. Even new paint will have imperfections.

A glaze will help hide minor imperfections and add certain qualities to the paint, depending on the `glaze` used.

The `waxes` you have listed are all nice. The NXT is probably going to last the longest and give the greatest protection.

The WaxShop Superglaze is not a wax. It is a glaze. Use it before you apply your final product (NXT, Mpther`s, etc.).

Yes, you can use spray detailr after you`re done waxing. It may help remove some residue.
    Last edited by JaredPointer; 09-14-2004 at 11:25 AM.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Search is to the top of the page all the way to the right(scroll over). As others have said, clay the car. Make sure you use lube. You will find the process posted many times. I used NXT on a white Escape and though it looked great. You can top it with a carnuba (wait 24 hours for "curing"). Not sure about zymol and some of the other waxes you listed. About glaze, you can use it but it won`t make a significant difference IMO. If you buy the Mothers clay kit it will come with a detailer spray you can use with the clay, after the final coat of wax, and inbetween washings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom4444
    Search is to the top of the page all the way to the right(scroll over). As others have said, clay the car. Make sure you use lube. You will find the process posted many times. I used NXT on a white Escape and though it looked great. You can top it with a carnuba (wait 24 hours for "curing"). Not sure about zymol and some of the other waxes you listed. About glaze, you can use it but it won`t make a significant difference IMO. If you buy the Mothers clay kit it will come with a detailer spray you can use with the clay, after the final coat of wax, and inbetween washings.
    Can I use car wash soap with water to clay? Any link to a video on how to properly clay? I did a search couldn`t find anything.

Ok so wash, dry, clay, wash, and NXT wax not the spray NXT wax correct?
    Then if I want to put carnauba I must wait 24hours? Can I put a second coat of NXT right away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb question but I do DRY the car after wash then clay right?
    Last edited by djsway; 09-14-2004 at 05:27 PM.

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by djsway
    Thanks guys, I never knew that getting a new car will come with an addiction to detailing....:naughty
    Thats how I got my start djsway, now I have a Mobile Detailing business going for the last 4 months ..and like the others are saying , do some reading and research and you can find better products that the local auto shop for about the same price. My 325Ci is Tit.slvr. Sorry no pics but I used Poorboys sealant EX-P 2 coats , then topped with Natty`s carnuba wax.

Wash and dry your car , buy the clay and spray kit, This doesn`t urt the paint .Its grabbing all the junk and pollution out of the clearcoat and makes it smooth. You spray the clay lube on and then rub the clay back and forth . use motions like you`re wet sanding the car ..then wipe dry .. after awhile you`ll get the hang of it and actually see and feel the difference just after claying..What you`re doing is prepping the surface before sealing.
    Poorboys EX-P is for light colored cars and give it great depth and a wet look. Get some PB`s Natural look for your interior. A waterbased dressing so no greasy feel or artificial gloss..

No I`m not a PB`s rep...just a satisfied customer..Welcome to the board. You can PM me if you questions..aloha ..:cool
    Last edited by Hawaiianelement; 09-14-2004 at 05:48 PM.
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information